Barry Bonds: 2nd All-Time in HR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Barry Bonds: 2nd All-Time in HR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed May 31, 2006 6:24 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:We call them cheaters just as you call Bonds a cheater, yet you have no proof. You're a hypocrite.

We are not trying to prove Ruth cheated. You are trying to prove that Bonds cheated, and you have not done that.

if you are going to accuse someone of somthing you should be able to back it up correct?? i mean that's what you bonds apologists scream at us everyday.

If you are asking me to agree to that, then ultimately you are wrong about bonds, and the Bonds Haters arguments are all invalid.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed May 31, 2006 6:27 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:We call them cheaters just as you call Bonds a cheater, yet you have no proof. You're a hypocrite.

We are not trying to prove Ruth cheated. You are trying to prove that Bonds cheated, and you have not done that.

if you are going to accuse someone of somthing you should be able to back it up correct?? i mean that's what you bonds apologists scream at us everyday.

If you are asking me to agree to that, then ultimately you are wrong about bonds, and the Bonds Haters arguments are all invalid.

so youre not answering the question?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed May 31, 2006 6:29 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

You guys started the accusations, you guys back it up first. Oh, you can't ;-)
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed May 31, 2006 6:33 pm

Look at this as if it were a criminal court room. The Bonds apoligists are the defense we don't have to prove anything. You are the prosecution and you are trying to prove that Bonds took steroids. Me saying that Ruth cheated, whether it is true or false, has nothing to do with the innocence of bonds. You have changed the subject into a prosecution of Ruth, in which you are trying to defend. This is a thread about Barry Bonds, convince me, with proof that he has taken steroids and "cheated". I don't think you have admitted that there is proof that he took steroids, and you seem to be walking around the subject of proof against Bonds and focusing on proof against Ruth. There is none in either case. So i give you an ultimatum...

A) Call Bonds a cheater, but also admit ruth, aaron and other certain HOFer's cheated too

B) they are all innocent
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed May 31, 2006 6:35 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:Me saying that Ruth cheated, whether it is true or false, has nothing to do with the innocence of bonds.

no kidding. but if you blurt out lies during a thread do you not deserve to be called out on it?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed May 31, 2006 6:40 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:Me saying that Ruth cheated, whether it is true or false, has nothing to do with the innocence of bonds.

no kidding. but if you blurt out lies during a thread do you not deserve to be called out on it?

umm i think you just summed up what this thread is. Bonds haters blurting out lies, and the bonds apoligists calling them out on it. May i remind you that you havent backed up your claims of "*".
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed May 31, 2006 6:44 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:we don't have to prove anything.

A) Call Bonds a cheater, but also admit ruth, aaron and other certain HOFer's cheated too

B) they are all innocent

You are completely contradicting yourself. So, you don't have to prove Ruth cheated, but we have to agree that if Bonds did, they all did? I'll agree they all cheated when you prove it, not just say "I don't have to prove he did but you have to admint he did."

Me saying that Ruth cheated, whether it is true or false, has nothing to do with the innocence of bonds.

Ruth and Bonds innocence are unrelated, but we have to agree that they either both cheated or are both innocent?
Last edited by teddy ballgame on Wed May 31, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed May 31, 2006 6:44 pm

just keep changing the subject.

you all call ruth a cheater and all you have to back it up is, well nothing.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PinotResa » Wed May 31, 2006 6:53 pm

Ruth used a trick bat at times, it's fact. Everyone knew he was a cheater and didn't care because they knew just about everyone did it. Ruth threw spitballs and scuffed the ball as well, like many others. It's noted that Ruth was one of the more notorious cheaters (likely because he was good too) in many articles of the day. Again no one really cared. The trick bat is noted by the commishioners office, Baseball Abstract and in the 1923 Reach Guide

Aaron used amphetamines/greenies. It's in his own autobiography.

Just about everyone has cheated, get over it.
Last edited by PinotResa on Wed May 31, 2006 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PinotResa
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed May 31, 2006 6:56 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:we don't have to prove anything.

B) they are all innocent

You are completely contradicting yourself. So, you don't have to prove Ruth cheated, but we have to agree that if Bonds did, they all did? I'll agree they all cheated when you prove it, not just say "I don't have to prove he did but you have to admint he did."

Me saying that Ruth cheated, whether it is true or false, has nothing to do with the innocence of bonds.

Ruth and Bonds innocence are unrelated, but we have to agree that they either both cheated or are both innocent?

To your first response: I can answer this quite simply. You base your assumptions that Bonds is a cheater on a book and some rumors. I base my assumption that Ruth cheated on the same thing. There is no evidence or proof. So if you call Bonds a cheater based solely on rumors then, you also have to admit Ruth cheated unless you believe for some reason that one person's rumors are more credible than the next.

To your second response: Look above.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers