Value of Game Used Omar Vizquel Bat? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

Value of Game Used Omar Vizquel Bat?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Value of Game Used Omar Vizquel Bat?

Postby Double Play Ball » Sun May 28, 2006 11:44 am

a little while back when i was about 10 years old, i went to a TRibe game. At then end of the inning Thome would aslways get a ball from the dugout and through one into the crowd after every inning. Well i was behind the indians dugout adn everytime thome threw the ball a couple of men infront of me would alwys push me to the side and catch it themselves. So one inning Omar must have saw them doing this to me. He otoned with his finger to me to come down to the dugout. To my amazement he threww up his bat to me. I will bn never forget this day, as Omar is my favorite player ever. I was jst wondering how much you guys think this bat is worth.
It is a Louisvile Slugger Bat- :"Powerized".
It is a sark brown bat, with apink handle
there is a minor crack on the side of the handle of the bat.
Omars name is inscribred in the bat.
His number is on the bottem of the bat
Double Play Ball
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:09 am

I'd think priceless would be the correct answer here since he's your favorite player. I wouldn't ever want to part ways with something so memorable and personal. However, monetary value of bats like that one really depend on the condition of the bat. If it's not cracked and it's a fairly new condition, a bat from a player like Vizquel can fetch anywhere from $80-$125 depending on condition and I'm also assuming it's not auto'd. Check Ebay for game used bats. You can often get an idea for the monetary value just by scanning the site for particular players.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eftda » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:54 pm

The Giants Dugout Team store sells used bats (Alou, Nikero, Visquel, Matheny) for $80-100. These bats are broken and have been used. If your bat is in great condition then it may be worth more.

The SAME thing happened to me with Brent Mayne (former catcher for the Giants in 1998). I got the bat signed and I have it hanging up in my room.

I have a question for you. My bat was very sticky with pine tar. It smelled so bad that I had to keep it in another room for awhile (till i got a case). Do you remember anything from when you got your bat?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Double Play Ball » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:10 pm

eftda, yes the bat had a very large amount of pine tar on it. I laid it acorss my lap, na my shorts were never wearable again. It smelled awful as well
Double Play Ball
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eftda » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:21 am

Just saw a Visquel bat in a store for $120. Used, worn down. Didn't say if it was used in a game or in batting practice. Just thought I would give you a heads up. :-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia