Alex Gordon comparison - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Alex Gordon comparison

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby brandnew » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:43 pm

It's hard to compare the two because Teix's stats were so damn inflated last year with Arlington. Which Teix is he being compared to?
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:07 pm

brandnew wrote:It's hard to compare the two because Teix's stats were so damn inflated last year with Arlington. Which Teix is he being compared to?


These are Teix's stats from AA ball.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby j24jags » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:13 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
brandnew wrote:It's hard to compare the two because Teix's stats were so damn inflated last year with Arlington. Which Teix is he being compared to?


These are Teix's stats from AA ball.

;-D
Image
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10340
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brandnew » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:56 pm

j24jags wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:
brandnew wrote:It's hard to compare the two because Teix's stats were so damn inflated last year with Arlington. Which Teix is he being compared to?


These are Teix's stats from AA ball.

;-D


I'm aware of that, but I'm talking about the comparison. Are you comparing Gordon to Teix as a hitter inside or outside of Arlington? The comparisons in minor league numbers don't mean anything if his major league numbers are so skewed by his park. If Teix were playing in a normal park, this might imply that Gordon is doing just as well, and has the chance to hit just as well as Teix in the majors, but are we comparing him to Teix in our outside of Arlington? Because they're two different hitters.
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby hybrid » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:56 pm

jellyroll wrote:how do the ages and leagues compare?


You see that's why the comparison is so good. They were both the same age and both hit in the same league in AA, the Texas League.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:03 am

brandnew wrote:
j24jags wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:
brandnew wrote:It's hard to compare the two because Teix's stats were so damn inflated last year with Arlington. Which Teix is he being compared to?


These are Teix's stats from AA ball.

;-D


I'm aware of that, but I'm talking about the comparison. Are you comparing Gordon to Teix as a hitter inside or outside of Arlington? The comparisons in minor league numbers don't mean anything if his major league numbers are so skewed by his park. If Teix were playing in a normal park, this might imply that Gordon is doing just as well, and has the chance to hit just as well as Teix in the majors, but are we comparing him to Teix in our outside of Arlington? Because they're two different hitters.


All the comparison shows us is that Gordon compares favorably in his AA numbers to a guy that jacked 40+ home runs in a prime hitters park. No one is saying Gordon will hit 40+ for KC in that park but I think David Wright numbers are not out of the question.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby brandnew » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:08 am

I agree--David Wright is the perfect comparison.

.310+ AVG, .400+ OBP 30+ HRs 100+RBIs 100+RBI 20+ SBs
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby hybrid » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:15 am

brandnew wrote:I'm aware of that, but I'm talking about the comparison. Are you comparing Gordon to Teix as a hitter inside or outside of Arlington? The comparisons in minor league numbers don't mean anything if his major league numbers are so skewed by his park. If Teix were playing in a normal park, this might imply that Gordon is doing just as well, and has the chance to hit just as well as Teix in the majors, but are we comparing him to Teix in our outside of Arlington? Because they're two different hitters.


You bring up a very good point. I'm not translating these stats and saying Gordon will be hitting for 40+ HR's, if someone thought that then I apologize. I am more or less comparing Gordon as an elite prospect to one that is comparable and thought of very highly. I personally think Gordon will sit around 30 HR's most of the time, another thing he has in common w/ Wright IMO.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(3:40 pm)
Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact