Add/Drops on Yahoo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Add/Drops on Yahoo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Add/Drops on Yahoo?

Postby GreenFish » Sun May 28, 2006 1:27 am

I am looking at the add/drops "buzz index" on Yahoo and I don't get some people. Why do people drop who they do? McCann 4090 drops today? He just went on the DL! He didn't pass away! Who are you going to get to replace that batting average at C? What about the 1541 adds today for Hanley Ramirez? What kind of league is this guy still available in???? Wiggington is the funniest. Every day there are either hundreds of drops or hundreds of adds. I am waiting for the day when he has hundreds of both LOL!

Ok I am rambling here. I just thought it was interesting.
If you believe everything you read, better not read.
Japanese Proverb
GreenFish
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Add/Drops on Yahoo?

Postby McBain » Sun May 28, 2006 1:45 am

GreenFish wrote:I am looking at the add/drops "buzz index" on Yahoo and I don't get some people. Why do people drop who they do? McCann 4090 drops today? He just went on the DL! He didn't pass away! Who are you going to get to replace that batting average at C? What about the 1541 adds today for Hanley Ramirez? What kind of league is this guy still available in???? Wiggington is the funniest. Every day there are either hundreds of drops or hundreds of adds. I am waiting for the day when he has hundreds of both LOL!

I thought it was amusing that some leagues are just getting around to adding Verlander. I would be winning in that league. My league seems like an NL-only league when it comes to finding talent. We are fighting over players three deep behind every closer in the game. What...KC just dumped Dessens? No problem. I've got MacDougal on my DL.
McBain
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CadensDad » Sun May 28, 2006 2:02 am

GreenFish wrote:I am looking at the add/drops "buzz index" on Yahoo and I don't get some people. Why do people drop who they do? McCann 4090 drops today? He just went on the DL! He didn't pass away! Who are you going to get to replace that batting average at C? What about the 1541 adds today for Hanley Ramirez? What kind of league is this guy still available in???? Wiggington is the funniest. Every day there are either hundreds of drops or hundreds of adds. I am waiting for the day when he has hundreds of both LOL!

McCann makes that DL trip and they flip out, I added him to my DL where I could and brought up Lo Duca or any other catcher I could. Luckily his DL is retroactive to the 24th.

Hanley is still being added? Why am I not ever in aleague with a bunch of idiots like that?

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Third Day » Sun May 28, 2006 7:26 am

Dropped McCann today in a league that has no bench and my two player DL is full.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 277)

Postby fassted » Sun May 28, 2006 9:54 am

Verlander is still available in both of my leagues. Not a good time to pick him up with the Yankees and Sox on the horizon. Guy has thrown a lot of innings and is likely to start tailing off.
fassted
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby houstonoilers » Sun May 28, 2006 1:54 pm

if you dont p/u Verlander you are making a huge mistake...bench him for the Yankees series
houstonoilers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Hobbes » Sun May 28, 2006 2:54 pm

In leagues with little to no bench or DL spots, I can easily see many of those players being available.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheOmen » Sun May 28, 2006 3:20 pm

Contreras(when he was on the dl) and Patterson were both dropped, and I promptly picked them up.
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby 5 » Sun May 28, 2006 3:40 pm

There are lots of H2H leagues and lots of injuries. That explains some of it.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fantasy Guru » Sun May 28, 2006 5:16 pm

CadensDad wrote:

McCann makes that DL trip and they flip out, I added him to my DL where I could and brought up Lo Duca or any other catcher I could. Luckily his DL is retroactive to the 24th.

Hanley is still being added? Why am I not ever in aleague with a bunch of idiots like that?

Well aren't you all the greatest fantasy owners ever....
Just because they're hitting pretty well doesn't mean I'd pick them up. It's a long season... I was one of those people who dropped Mccann and ignored Hanley. In 12 team leagues that start only one catcher and one shortstop, and aren't active trading leagues, they would have no place on my team.
ImageYeah.. this "fantasy guru" thing is just a user name, folks.
Fantasy Guru
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers