MLB.COM Steaming Baseball Problems List - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB.COM Steaming Baseball Problems List

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MLB.COM Steaming Baseball Problems List

Postby acsguitar » Sat May 27, 2006 11:15 pm

I figure a list of problems that occur when using MLB.COM's streaming baseball would be a good idea.

Anyways here are my current problems.

I just got a new Belkin Pre-N Router that gives me 4.5 mbps download when I do a speed test.

I try to watch a game and the audio goes but the video stutters constantly.

I switch the wireless to an unprotected neighbors signal and it works fine even though I only get 1 mbps down speed.

My gf's computer streams fine.

I have a dell inspirion centrino chipest. With a belkin pre-n router. It works fine with a netgear router and works fine with my gf's computer and the belkin.

Anyways anyone else mysteriously have stuttering when there should be no stuttering at all. Any tips or tricks.

So far i've just been jacking with the settings of my router until it starts working but I there are to many variables to find a definitive answer.

So anyways the easyway to make a list we could send off to MLB.COM would be to note our system's and problems.

System: Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop
Wireless Card: Intel pro Wireless 2915abg Newest Drivers
Router: Belkin Pre-N Router Updated Firmware
Media Player Version: 10.0 (ick)

Symptoms: Random problems syncing video and audio. Sometimes only audio plays, sometimes audio plays while video stutters.

Speed Test from http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest: 3-4 mbps

Solved problem by: Setting MTU size to 1200, Turning off routers firewall, setting ACK to Burst, Connecting to another wireless network to get it to work. Then it seemed to work fine.

(No definitive answer)

If this gets big maybee it could be made a sticky
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers