Cain - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cain

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby NikkiSixx » Sun May 28, 2006 10:22 am

whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:While I do think Cain is going to go on a terrific stretch of good starts, the walks he had tonight are a bit annoying. Probably because I have Zito and I am fed up with my pitchers walking batters (walks are the ONLY bad thing about Zito though).

so is it fun and never frustrating to be a Zito owner? Ive never been a Zito owner, but I want to, might trade for him.

However, I just trade Barry Zito and Kerry Wood for Johan Santana, so once the trade goes through, I will no longer be a Zito owner. :-t But I will be a Santana owner. ;-D
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 381)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sun May 28, 2006 10:43 am

NikkiSixx wrote:
whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:While I do think Cain is going to go on a terrific stretch of good starts, the walks he had tonight are a bit annoying. Probably because I have Zito and I am fed up with my pitchers walking batters (walks are the ONLY bad thing about Zito though).

so is it fun and never frustrating to be a Zito owner? Ive never been a Zito owner, but I want to, might trade for him.

However, I just trade Barry Zito and Kerry Wood for Johan Santana, so once the trade goes through, I will no longer be a Zito owner. :-t But I will be a Santana owner. ;-D

Not sure what the Santana owner was thinking there. 8-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby baseball6791 » Sun May 28, 2006 12:16 pm

hybrid wrote:I'm not sure he really figured out it. He had a great start against the A's, but this one was about average. The Rockies have quite a few guys who aren't good hitters in there and w/ out Holliday it isn't the best line up. He still will have those great starts thrown in, but his control still needs to be worked on.

His control obviously still needs work, but from watching him these past 2 starts compared to earlier in the season the improvement is definitely evident. His fastball is moving a bit more and he's been able to spot it better to set up his breaking pitches (which are dirty). His stuff is just through the roof, if he can get his control problems down and put it together he will be a legit ace in this league for a long time.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NikkiSixx » Sun May 28, 2006 12:35 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:
whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:

Not sure what the Santana owner was thinking there. 8-o

Apparantly he thinks Wood and Zito can be more valuable than Santana, (of course Wood needs to stay healthy first). He also is in last place so he is trying to get out of the basement. He noticed that Wood and Zito have good WHIP's and that With Zito's ERA and Wood's K's, they could equal Santana with more wins. That is basically what he told me, and I was like "alright."
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NikkiSixx » Sun May 28, 2006 12:36 pm

baseball6791 wrote:
hybrid wrote:I'm not sure he really figured out it. He had a great start against the A's, but this one was about average. The Rockies have quite a few guys who aren't good hitters in there and w/ out Holliday it isn't the best line up. He still will have those great starts thrown in, but his control still needs to be worked on.

His control obviously still needs work, but from watching him these past 2 starts compared to earlier in the season the improvement is definitely evident. His fastball is moving a bit more and he's been able to spot it better to set up his breaking pitches (which are dirty). His stuff is just through the roof, if he can get his control problems down and put it together he will be a legit ace in this league for a long time.

Thanks for the input man! ;-D

Lets hope he gets that control down so he can do wonders for fantasy teams and for the Giants.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Lol

Postby berdugoba » Sun May 28, 2006 2:01 pm

dewey finn wrote:I'm the Juggernaut!!!!

I love that clip..!!!
berdugoba
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun May 28, 2006 8:14 pm

I dunno. All I have to say is that with the recent implosions of Maddux and Rogers, I now have to consider starting Cain in a couple of leagues as my 6th SP. Not happy about it at all.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby nsulham » Sun May 28, 2006 9:13 pm

I got off the Cain Train a couple weeks ago and I'm not getting back on until I see a few QS in a row.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tiki Barber's Barber » Sun May 28, 2006 10:42 pm

nsulham wrote:I got off the Cain Train a couple weeks ago and I'm not getting back on until I see a few QS in a row.

sorry but the train has already left the station, bizotch! :-D
Tiki Barber's Barber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Mon May 29, 2006 2:56 am

It's funny how everyone raves about Ollie Perez when he has one decent outing but disses Cain. Makes no sense to me.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers