Watch Guns N' Roses live in Lisbon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Watch Guns N' Roses live in Lisbon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Watch Guns N' Roses live in Lisbon

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat May 27, 2006 8:14 pm

AOL is airing GN'R's set from Rock In Rio - Lisboa live. Just thought if anyone was interested I'd share the link.

http://music.aol.com/network_live/conce ... n_rio/live

It wouldn't work on Mozilla for me, but it's working on IE. B-)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Sat May 27, 2006 10:24 pm

You mean the axel rose circus.

No slash means no watch
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat May 27, 2006 10:54 pm

acsguitar wrote:You mean the axel rose circus.

No slash means no watch

I felt the same way for a while, but their new lineup is very talented and can put on a great show too.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Sun May 28, 2006 10:10 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:

No slash means no watch

I felt the same way for a while, but their new lineup is very talented and can put on a great show too.

If buckethead is still playing guitar thats cool..

I guess I'd watch them..although I heard velvet revolver due a couple GNR songs when I saw them and thats way more GNR then GNR is
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun May 28, 2006 10:15 pm

acsguitar wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

No slash means no watch

I guess I'd watch them..although I heard velvet revolver due a couple GNR songs when I saw them and thats way more GNR then GNR is

Well I can't disagree with that. 3/5 of their band is someone who's put out a record with GN'R, while only 2/8 of GN'R is. :*)

Anyways Buckethead left in 2004, which is what stopped GN'R's comeback then. They have 3 lead guitarists though. Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, and Ron Thal (Bumblefoot).
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Sun May 28, 2006 10:36 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

No slash means no watch

Well I can't disagree with that. 3/5 of their band is someone who's put out a record with GN'R, while only 2/8 of GN'R is. :*)

Anyways Buckethead left in 2004, which is what stopped GN'R's comeback then. They have 3 lead guitarists though. Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, and Ron Thal (Bumblefoot).

I like Robin Finck's work with NIN so thats cool.
I'm not familiar with the other two
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun May 28, 2006 10:44 pm

They're a joke and so is Axel. No Slash means no watch, damn straight acs. Buckethead may have all the talent in the world, but he still can't make his music sound like slash's. I dont care how good a techinical guitarist he is, hes still nothing compared to Slash. Same with all those other jokes.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun May 28, 2006 10:48 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:They're a joke and so is Axel. No Slash means no watch, damn straight acs. Buckethead may have all the talent in the world, but he still can't make his music sound like slash's. I dont care how good a techinical guitarist he is, hes still nothing compared to Slash. Same with all those other jokes.

How many songs have you heard the new lineup play? They can rock just as hard as the old band, and Finck has more than stepped up to fill the shoes of Slash. About Buckethead, he's not in the band anymore.

I hate to say it, but Axl is the weak link when they play live. His screams on the 02 tour were disgusting. On the studio demos he sounds pretty good though. I'm telling you though, these guys are good. If anyone wants to hear some songs from them, drop me a PM.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun May 28, 2006 11:09 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:They're a joke and so is Axel. No Slash means no watch, damn straight acs. Buckethead may have all the talent in the world, but he still can't make his music sound like slash's. I dont care how good a techinical guitarist he is, hes still nothing compared to Slash. Same with all those other jokes.

How many songs have you heard the new lineup play? They can rock just as hard as the old band.

BLASPHEMY I SAY!
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 29, 2006 2:19 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

How many songs have you heard the new lineup play? They can rock just as hard as the old band.

agreed

BLASPHEMY I SAY!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Return to General Talk