Wicked Weekend Week 8 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Wicked Weekend Week 8

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GiantFan666 » Mon May 29, 2006 4:45 am

2/2!!! Still got my bye week... decisions decisions... Do I go for the guaranteed icon by using my bye week and then a safety week sacrificing 1 pick to get the icon? Or do I keep my picks and keep going for the win??? Either way, unless I see some real convincing games, I'm using my bye either week 9 or 10 should I make it...
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon May 29, 2006 4:51 am

GiantFan666 wrote:2/2!!! Still got my bye week... decisions decisions... Do I go for the guaranteed icon by using my bye week and then a safety week sacrificing 1 pick to get the icon? Or do I keep my picks and keep going for the win??? Either way, unless I see some real convincing games, I'm using my bye either week 9 or 10 should I make it...

Very tough spot to be in. :-o I do not envy that decision at all. :-o

Best of luck no matter which way you decide to go! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby chris8 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:55 am

GiantFan666 wrote:2/2!!! Still got my bye week... decisions decisions... Do I go for the guaranteed icon by using my bye week and then a safety week sacrificing 1 pick to get the icon? Or do I keep my picks and keep going for the win??? Either way, unless I see some real convincing games, I'm using my bye either week 9 or 10 should I make it...

Good luck in your decision!

Wish I had that problem, though! I won't be around to make my picks in Week 11, so I have to save my bye week for then - if I last that long... :-o
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 135)

Postby Simulacrum » Tue May 30, 2006 1:20 pm

Good luck to everybody still in the game. The life preservers are neat, but I really think this little guy ---> Image is the coolest looking icon here at the cafe.

I don't think I really have a great shot at winning him, but it would be pretty sweet. ;-)
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby go_jays_go » Tue May 30, 2006 4:33 pm

So what week do people get icons?

Man, this is killer. I don't know what I should do either. :-o
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Simulacrum » Tue May 30, 2006 4:45 pm

I believe you have to "survive" week 10. Which means you must still have at least one pick left after this and then next weekend.

:-o

And you can't pick the same team more than once either, starting in week 9.. that's an interesting little wrinkle. !+)
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby go_jays_go » Tue May 30, 2006 4:48 pm

Hmm... I could pull off getting an automatic icon, couldn't I? I think i'm in the exact position as Giants. Use my bye then use a safety week.

That would work, right? :-o
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Simulacrum » Tue May 30, 2006 7:24 pm

This may be a dumb question, but... isn't a "bye" week the same as a safety week? You make it sound like you have one of each, and I thought you were only given one bye week. Explain?

Nevermind, I went and looked it up. I get it now :*)

I think you guys on the fence should go for the sure-fire icon and just give up the competition. }:-)
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Tue May 30, 2006 7:34 pm

Simulacrum wrote:This may be a dumb question, but... isn't a "bye" week the same as a safety week? You make it sound like you have one of each, and I thought you were only given one bye week. Explain?

Wish I still had my bye week... I left town a few weeks back and completely forgot to make my picks. Luckily it was the first really rough week with all the upsets. ;-D

Not a dumb question at all.

When you use your bye week, you don't lose any picks. Say you had 5 picks left and then used your bye. You'd still have 5 picks left.

If you take a safety week, you lose half your picks rounded up. So the same 5 picks, minus half rounded up, leaves you with 2 picks the following week.

Oh, and you have to survive past week 10 to get the icon. If you are eliminated on week 10, you do not get an icon. You must have at least 1 pick left for week 11.

Best of luck everyone as I've only got 1 pick left, already used my bye week, and don't have the Wicked Weeked icon, so I understand. :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Leber » Wed May 31, 2006 12:15 am

Madison wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:This may be a dumb question, but... isn't a "bye" week the same as a safety week? You make it sound like you have one of each, and I thought you were only given one bye week. Explain?

Wish I still had my bye week... I left town a few weeks back and completely forgot to make my picks. Luckily it was the first really rough week with all the upsets. ;-D

Not a dumb question at all.

When you use your bye week, you don't lose any picks. Say you had 5 picks left and then used your bye. You'd still have 5 picks left.

If you take a safety week, you lose half your picks rounded up. So the same 5 picks, minus half rounded up, leaves you with 2 picks the following week.

Oh, and you have to survive past week 10 to get the icon. If you are eliminated on week 10, you do not get an icon. You must have at least 1 pick left for week 11.

Best of luck everyone as I've only got 1 pick left, already used my bye week, and don't have the Wicked Weeked icon, so I understand. :-o

So you would need 4 or more picks to get the icon without a bye week, correct? Hmmmm go for the guranteed icon or throw my hat into the ring and try to win it all !+) O:-)
Leber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Games Talk