How Good Will Jeremy Hermida Be? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How Good Will Jeremy Hermida Be?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How Good Will Jeremy Hermida Be?

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Sat May 27, 2006 2:25 pm

I've heard so much about this kid, but don't know how good Hermida will be.

What are the projections on him for this year as well as 2-3 years down the road when he reaches his mid 20's.

Is he a can't miss guy in a keeper/dynasty league if you can make a reasonable trade to get him?

What kind of numbers will he put up?

Thanks,
Scott
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NikkiSixx » Sat May 27, 2006 2:32 pm

Im not as big on him this year as most people are.

I think next year he could be a .290, 20/20 guy.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 432)

Postby j24jags » Sat May 27, 2006 3:25 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:Im not as big on him this year as most people are.

I think next year he could be a .290, 20/20 guy.

Pretty good projection, down the road his upside should fall just short of 30/30.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nails » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:22 pm

Do you think that Grady Sizemore would be a good player to compare Hermida to? I think that their potential is probably in the same region because their skill sets seem to be very similar. Let me know what you think about that comparison.
Nails
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:27 pm

Nails wrote:Do you think that Grady Sizemore would be a good player to compare Hermida to? I think that their potential is probably in the same region because their skill sets seem to be very similar. Let me know what you think about that comparison.

It's a pretty good comparison as far as tools go. The areas that I think are a bit different are Hermida will walk more and should have a bit more power (though in his ballpark it might not be fully reached). We had a thread like this at the beginning of the season and Abreu's name was one that came up. Comparisons are so hard to make it general that it is best to usually throw a few out there and see what areas they are same/close in, though just cause they have potential doesn't mean it will ever be reached. But Hermida is one of the safest prospects out there that has nice upside.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Webster11 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:30 pm

hybrid wrote:
Nails wrote:Do you think that Grady Sizemore would be a good player to compare Hermida to? I think that their potential is probably in the same region because their skill sets seem to be very similar. Let me know what you think about that comparison.

It's a pretty good comparison as far as tools go. The areas that I think are a bit different are Hermida will walk more and should have a bit more power (though in his ballpark it might not be fully reached). We had a thread like this at the beginning of the season and Abreu's name was one that came up. Comparisons are so hard to make it general that it is best to usually throw a few out there and see what areas they are same/close in, though just cause they have potential doesn't mean it will ever be reached. But Hermida is one of the safest prospects out there that has nice upside.

Abreu is also the player that I thought of because of the 20/20 or 30/30 potential and the ability to draw a lot of walks.
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:06 pm

Hermida should be a 30-30 player in his prime. He has a very good batting eye and doesn't swing at everything thrown at him. Although the leg injury has slowed him down this year, he's a fast and efficient base stealer.

Power is the only department which is questionable since it just came around in 05 but as Hybrid pointed out, he is a very safe bet.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Voros » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:27 pm

Any projections/thoughts on him for the short term (i.e., '06 going forward)? I've got him in a redraft league and am wondering if it's worth holding on or picking up a Huff/Geoff Jenkins type.
Voros
T-Ball Trainer

Postby nomar5 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:53 pm

I'd hold on to JH, if huff and jenkins r your options. Huff has lost it.

I drafter JH but dropped him after his injury. He showed an increase in power when he was brought up last year. I'm high on him, but i have a problem. Hes available, but should i pick him up when the player i would have to drop is Hawpe or Granderson?
nomar5
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ingov » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:25 am

i definitely wouldn't drop granderson or hawpe for hermida. they've established themselves as solid players already this year, imo. i'm in a similar situation in my redraft league, where hermida was just dropped and cleared waivers. a guy i could drop is milton bradley, but i don't want the risk of an unknown rookie.
ingov
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers