Sacrificing the Saves Category???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Sacrificing the Saves Category????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sacrificing the Saves Category????

Postby Guzman24 » Sat May 27, 2006 2:00 pm

I've been contemplating this for a while as I've lost in the saves category 4 weeks in a row now and well on the way to my 5th.

Wagner and Dempster just arent cutting it and saves are incredibly hard to come by in my league. They're actually hurting my era and whip rather than helping it

My thoughts are to trade away my closers for another speedster who hits for avg and another big homerun/rbi guy.

I'm already doing well winning most offensive categories each week and this would further bolster my offence.

With my starters coming back off the DL I think that I could dress 5 solid starters and clean up in the W/K's and compete well in the whip/era each week.

I have 2 of the top setup men in the game in Shields and Coffey who I would dress to keep the whip/era down. They would be the 2 RP who I have to dress each week.

My starters would be Harden, Webb, Colon, Arroyo, Haren. With Burnett and Armas used as backup.

Do you think I could pull it off with this lineup?

12 team H2H 5X5

C Hernandez
1B Konerko
2B Kent
3B Chipper
SS Reyes
OF C. Lee
OF Rios
OF Dye
Util Uggla

BN Hillenbrand
BN Baldelli
BN Granderson
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby isthistheroxyear » Sat May 27, 2006 2:24 pm

I would say go for it. At this point there isn't much on the WW for saves, and if you traded some of your offense for closers it could put you in jeopardy at offense categories. Also shields and coffey have the potential to get many save opportunities if their closers go down.
isthistheroxyear
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sox 06 » Sat May 27, 2006 2:38 pm

isthistheroxyear wrote:I would say go for it. At this point there isn't much on the WW for saves, and if you traded some of your offense for closers it could put you in jeopardy at offense categories. Also shields and coffey have the potential to get many save opportunities if their closers go down.

yea go for it! ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team