Frustration with Fantasy Players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Frustration with Fantasy Players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby yossarian » Sat May 27, 2006 2:18 pm

I own both Schilling and Abreu, and I have to say, I don't think Abreu for Schilling is a bad deal at all, especially if you're loaded with the bads. Getting Schilling would really solidify your pitching staff.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pedantic » Sat May 27, 2006 2:25 pm

Someone in one of my leagues actually tried to get me to bite on my $25 Berkman for a $33 Rolen. When I mentioned that Berkman has about 10 more homers than Rolen, he implied that the positional scarcity between 1B and 3B made up the difference. Oh, I had a good laugh at that.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby bleach168 » Sat May 27, 2006 3:15 pm

Are you in first place? As a general rule, if I'm not in first, I don't trade with the first place team so as not to help him.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby j24jags » Sat May 27, 2006 3:24 pm

Yea it is frustrating. One of my 10-man leagues is very good and I can talk real trades with7 of the other 9 owners. I think that's a pretty solid number. In my other league, one guy's theory is "the only way i would trade is if i was getting an amazing deal.....i dont see any trade being "even"----people do trades when theyre ripping the guy off." He actually made a post saying that yesterday. Then one owner offered me Paul Byrd and Brad Wilkerson for Sheff. That league I only really talk to five owners about trades.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby activechamp2006 » Sat May 27, 2006 3:31 pm

yossarian wrote:I own both Schilling and Abreu, and I have to say, I don't think Abreu for Schilling is a bad deal at all, especially if you're loaded with the bads. Getting Schilling would really solidify your pitching staff.

get real, anyone who is willing to give abreu for schilling is craazzzyy :*) they arnt even close in value, abreus a legit late first early 2nd rounder.. schilling and schmidt for abreu seems a bit more reasonable..
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FoolOnTheHill » Sat May 27, 2006 4:40 pm

j24jags wrote: Then one owner offered me Paul Byrd and Brad Wilkerson for Sheff. That league I only really talk to five owners about trades.

Agreed that's not a very tempting offer but my point is that it at least gets things started. I think it's too bad when an owner gets insulted by an offer and then just shuts up. What that offer says to me is that Sheff is hurt so his value is compromised -- would this work for you? -- You have a right to disagree and say no way but at least you guys can talk about it and move on to other options. I think that sort of give-and-take along with lots of trading is one of the most fun aspects of fantasy. Who knows what trade might result of a dialogue that begins with an offer like that but it could work out very good for you! Better than doing nothing and feeling insulted!
FoolOnTheHill
College Coach
College Coach

Postby j24jags » Sat May 27, 2006 4:42 pm

FoolOnTheHill wrote:
j24jags wrote: Then one owner offered me Paul Byrd and Brad Wilkerson for Sheff. That league I only really talk to five owners about trades.

Agreed that's not a very tempting offer but my point is that it least gets things started. I think it's too bad when an owner gets insulted by an offer and then just shuts up. What that offer says to me is that Sheff is hurt so his value is compromised -- would this work for you? -- You have a right to disagree and say no way but at least you guys can talk about it and move on to other options. I think that sort of give-and-take along with lots of trading is one of the most fun aspects of fantasy. Who knows what trade might result of a dialogue that begins with an offer like that but it could work out very good for you! Better than doing nothing and feeling insulted!

I see what you're saying but still, Byrd and Wilkerson for Sheff?
He picked up Byrd and at the point this was offered Sheff was still healthy.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby FoolOnTheHill » Sat May 27, 2006 4:48 pm

j24jags wrote:
FoolOnTheHill wrote:

Agreed that's not a very tempting offer but my point is that it least gets things started. I think it's too bad when an owner gets insulted by an offer and then just shuts up. What that offer says to me is that Sheff is hurt so his value is compromised -- would this work for you? -- You have a right to disagree and say no way but at least you guys can talk about it and move on to other options. I think that sort of give-and-take along with lots of trading is one of the most fun aspects of fantasy. Who knows what trade might result of a dialogue that begins with an offer like that but it could work out very good for you! Better than doing nothing and feeling insulted!

I see what you're saying but still, Byrd and Wilkerson for Sheff?
He picked up Byrd and at the point this was offered Sheff was still healthy.

Yeah I guess when we join a league of strangers some guys are hard to figure. And some guys just don't seem to use messages much so it's hard to figure where they're coming from. And then few trades happen. That's too bad, imo.
FoolOnTheHill
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Thursday » Sat May 27, 2006 4:49 pm

Yeah, i understand totally. I'm beginning to get frustrated about my league, who never ever wants to trade. i've made 2 deals this season, which ties my record.

I make a lot of moves in this league, but thats only because i have to scour the WW for the stuff i need.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mugrila » Sat May 27, 2006 6:00 pm

I had somebody tell me Figgins has more value than Utley in my keeper league. Regardless of position, Utley has Figgins beat in almost every category. :-t
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers