Gagne looking good - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Gagne looking good

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby benjapage » Sat May 27, 2006 2:55 pm

Yoda wrote:I have serious doubts that it will hold up.

fair enough.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:34 pm

So what happens to Gagne owners now? Looks like his elbow is not going to hold up.

Is Saito really next in line to close? Baez is awful and Broxton would be my guy but is he ready?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:36 pm

So what happens to Gagne owners now? Looks like his elbow is not going to hold up.

Is Saito really next in line to close? Baez is awful and Broxton would be my guy but is he ready?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby benjapage » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:36 pm

it's enflamed, holmes. happens when muscles haven't been used, and then suddenly see a lot of use. it will go down; he will be fine.

:-°

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:52 pm

benjapage wrote:it's enflamed, holmes. happens when muscles haven't been used, and then suddenly see a lot of use. it will go down; he will be fine.

:-°

b

OMG... please tell me that you don't honestly believe he is going to be fine?
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby benjapage » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:11 pm

i do. i believe he will be fine for the 2nd half of the season. likely he will take a couple weeks to recalibrate and to return to game shape. OMG, indeed. he's 30, not 40. surgeries happen all the time. players come back all the time.

folks, you can probably trade poop for gagne right now because of the popular sentiments expressed above. i suggest you do it.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:43 am

I dont know how anyone can NOT be concerned about Gagne. Dont get me wrong i dont think you should GIVE him away, cause that would be unwise. However, to automatically assume that anything close to 'the gagne of old' is crazy if you ask me. I think one major point that is being missed is not only his health status but the believablity of the health status you hear. ......

last spring training.......(paraphrasing) gagne is sore but no big deal .......no big deal......day to day.....no concernss.....no big deal.......ooooops gonna be out for a few months......

This year.......looking good......little discomfort.....no big deal....no big deal......day to day.......OOPS surgery out a couple of months!!!

I get the impression the dodgers hired tom coughlin to dispense their injury updates......

what is that old saying.....fool me once shame on you.....fool me twice shame on me......

newsflash......both of those ships have already sailed....

bottom line: if i can find an owner willing to give him away i will GLADLY take him as a buy low candidate.....

If i HAD him i would hold onto him and hope he shows good results for a while in which case i could trade him at or near full value or even keep him and enjoy the gagne of old.

just my 2 cents

ink
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby benjapage » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:35 am

i'm not saying he will dominate; i just think he'll be healthy and effective. everything non-sensationalist that i've read about the recent procedures seems to reinforce the notion that his full recovery should be expected by now...and that his strength will be 100% by ASB.

people tend to get on this once-broken-always-broken train of thought. i exploit that mindset every chance i get.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:11 am

benjapage wrote:i'm not saying he will dominate; i just think he'll be healthy and effective. everything non-sensationalist that i've read about the recent procedures seems to reinforce the notion that his full recovery should be expected by now...and that his strength will be 100% by ASB.

people tend to get on this once-broken-always-broken train of thought. i exploit that mindset every chance i get.

b

Gagne missed most of the season in 05 due to his elbow. Missed 1/3 of the 06 season due to his elbow. Now being shut down again due to his elbow. Hmmm... :-?
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby converge241 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:18 am

Eric Gagne (elbow) cut short his throwing session on Friday and could be bound for the disabled list.
Gagne, who is on the third day of a five-day cycle of anti-inflammatory medication, made just 10 short tosses before deciding to shut it down. He probably won't test the elbow again until Tuesday, and he could be on the DL by the time that happens. Takashi Saito is the current favorite for the saves in Los Angeles. Jun. 9 - 10:28 pm et
Source: Dodgers.mlb.com
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 121)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers