ROY Honors so far? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ROY Honors so far?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nsulham » Sat May 27, 2006 11:31 am

Also want to mention that it's very probable that a current Red Sox (Papelbon) and former (Hanley) will win ROY. Woulda been nice to see that future on one team but Beckett's been as advertised so I can't complain.
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby NikkiSixx » Sat May 27, 2006 12:58 pm

I think so far the NL ROY has to be Hanley Ramirez. In the American League, does Papelbon qualify as a rookie? Because it would definately be him.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2587
(Past Year: 433)
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1st place!

Postby jayman » Sat May 27, 2006 8:02 pm

I'd go with verlander over paps if verlander keeps pitching at this level. He's a starter and DET is doing well. No knock on Paps, he's kicking butt, but it's harder to do what Verlander is doing. I also would have opted to give some one other than Gagne the Cy Young.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1151
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In the holosuite playing the Vulcans!

Postby Havok1517 » Sat May 27, 2006 8:39 pm

I'll go with O'Conner over Hanley if he keeps up what he is doing as well. Ramriez has more hype because he's coming from Boston in the Beckett deal but O'Conner has been great so far. I'm not sure if he'll keep it up but a starting pitcher with his numbers so far should get the nod over a position player.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8518
(Past Year: 122)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grouperman941 » Sat May 27, 2006 8:47 pm

I think Conor Jackson could end up winning it in the NL. He hasn't totally found his stroke and is on pace for 90/90 plus. Ramirez is bound to fall to earth, and his hot start could be forgotten.



I think Verlander will win it in the AL unless the Tigers really collapse.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2079
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Rays Country

Postby Havok1517 » Sat May 27, 2006 9:02 pm

Grouperman941 wrote:I think Conor Jackson could end up winning it in the NL. He hasn't totally found his stroke and is on pace for 90/90 plus. Ramirez is bound to fall to earth, and his hot start could be forgotten.



I think Verlander will win it in the AL unless the Tigers really collapse.


Aside from Ramirez's avg & runs, what other stats would give the award at this point. I'm not even going to look at his other stats. I would just like someone to defend him for the award instead of just saying that he's the only guy that could win it at this point.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8518
(Past Year: 122)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grouperman941 » Sat May 27, 2006 9:15 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Grouperman941 wrote:I think Conor Jackson could end up winning it in the NL. He hasn't totally found his stroke and is on pace for 90/90 plus. Ramirez is bound to fall to earth, and his hot start could be forgotten.



I think Verlander will win it in the AL unless the Tigers really collapse.


Aside from Ramirez's avg & runs, what other stats would give the award at this point. I'm not even going to look at his other stats. I would just like someone to defend him for the award instead of just saying that he's the only guy that could win it at this point.



Hanley: 167 AB 2 HR .329 AVG 18 RBI 43 R 16 SB .404 OBP

Not too shabby. He's a solid candidate.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2079
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Rays Country

Postby giants! » Sat May 27, 2006 9:25 pm

Hanley and Papelbon or Verlander in the AL
Image
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2982
Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby daullaz » Sun May 28, 2006 12:48 pm

jayman wrote:I'd go with verlander over paps if verlander keeps pitching at this level. He's a starter and DET is doing well. No knock on Paps, he's kicking butt, but it's harder to do what Verlander is doing. I also would have opted to give some one other than Gagne the Cy Young.


I agree. Verlander will end up with the award over Papelbon.
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4884
(Past Year: 56)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Babel

Postby sorgi2evans » Sun May 28, 2006 3:14 pm

Fielder: .328, 8 HRs, 31 rbis, 28 runs, 4 SBs, .913 OPS

Ramirez: .328, 2 HRs, 18 rbis, 43 runs, 16 SBs, .869 OPS

I guess it just depends if you like a speedy guy or an all around hitter.
sorgi2evans
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 163
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact