Glaus is playing SS tonight - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Glaus is playing SS tonight

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Cat » Sat May 27, 2006 8:56 am

Good for you for pitching up through college.
Glaus played SS that long too. The difference is that he has more talent so he could play in the Majors. Even though it's at a different position. I don't see him having any major problems making the switch temporarily.
Big Cat
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hork42 » Sat May 27, 2006 10:26 am

Was listening to the Jays radio broadcast, and it seems that a big reason for doing this was because Ted Lilly is a flyball pitcher, and it was unlikely that Glaus would get many balls hit to him at SS. This is just a strategy to get another bat in the lineup, and I'd be surprised if we saw Glaus at SS very often.

That said, he didn't make any errors, and even if he only plays there at home during Lilly's starts, he'll soon be open for SS eligibility. I'm going to try to pry him away from the guy who owns him in my league, cause I need SS help.
Hork42 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SeovyeQuirsefron » Sat May 27, 2006 2:37 pm

Hork42 wrote:Was listening to the Jays radio broadcast, and it seems that a big reason for doing this was because Ted Lilly is a flyball pitcher, and it was unlikely that Glaus would get many balls hit to him at SS. This is just a strategy to get another bat in the lineup, and I'd be surprised if we saw Glaus at SS very often.

That said, he didn't make any errors, and even if he only plays there at home during Lilly's starts, he'll soon be open for SS eligibility. I'm going to try to pry him away from the guy who owns him in my league, cause I need SS help.

Good luck with that strategy. According to your theory of Glaus only playing SS at home when Lilly pitches (an optimistic one even at that), it should take about 40 games for Glaus to gain SS eligibility. I imagine the Jays will find a real shortstop long before that.
A baseball fan has the digestive apparatus of a billy goat. He can, and does, devour any set of diamond statistics with insatiable appetite and then nuzzles hungrily for more. ~Arthur Daley
SeovyeQuirsefron
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates