i dont have one true ace - but rate my team anyway! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

i dont have one true ace - but rate my team anyway! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

i dont have one true ace - but rate my team anyway! WHIR

Postby sixer03fan » Fri May 26, 2006 1:21 am

yo guys - i've made like 6 trades already this year. i've gone from last to first, and down to fourth, but i just made another trade and how does my team look now? i've sacraficed my ace pitchers and have built my club around a bunch of solid pitchers and power hitting. what do u guys think of my squad right now? am i gonna move back up the standings?

yahoo league
non-keeper, daily transactions
10 team, h2h.
hits, runs, hr, rbi, avg, stls
wins, k's, era, whip, k/9, saves

c. joe mauer
1b. richie sexson
2b. jorge cantu (hes coming back soon, but mike lowell is the current replacement)
3b. hank blalock
ss. rafael furcal
of. vladimir guerrero
of. manny ramirez
of. gary sheffield
u. jonny gomes
u. jermaine dye
bench. austin kearns, brad wilkerson

sp. john smoltz
sp. john lackey
sp. barry zito
rp. joe nathan
rp. brad lidge
p. armando benitez
p. mike gonzalez
p. francisco liriano
bench. andy pettitte, javier vazquez, jeremy bonderman, eric bedard, danny haren, boof bonser
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chaos598 » Fri May 26, 2006 1:29 am

Team looks good. Solid at every position. My only concern is 1B. You still have a bunch of solid SPs so mabbe deal an SP/Sexson for an upgrade at 1B.
chaos598
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GreenFish » Fri May 26, 2006 1:37 am

Your team is looking good. You have a few guys (Sexson, Cantu, Sheff) on offense that need to contribute for you to really make a run up the standings. If those guys contribute your hitting is more than solid.

I don't really like your closer situation even though you have 4. Nathan and Gonzales have not gotten many opportunities, Lidge is struggling, and Benitez can't be relied upon. Maybe see if you can make a deal to upgrade this slot.

Thanks for help with mine ;-D
If you believe everything you read, better not read.
Japanese Proverb
GreenFish
College Coach
College Coach

Postby boston_massacre » Fri May 26, 2006 1:47 am

thanks for your help

you look pretty solid all the way around. wicked solid of. i also am not too fond of your 1b and think you can improve there. i also question your relief as was above mentioned. i think nathan still has some value to those who look to trade for names or overall solid numbers, but he will lack in the most important number...saves. as for lidge, i think he'll come around, so i wouldn't be concerned about him too much. that said, i would improve 1b before rp. but seriously it's not a bad team. i'd be interested to see your original team to see how much you have improved through your trades.
such is life
boston_massacre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Chip1010 » Fri May 26, 2006 1:55 am

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, your outfield is ridiculously good. I second the comment about your relief pitching, though. If Lidge turns it around, you're probably in good shape, but Benitez stands out. I have him, too, so I'm not one to talk. But if you're trying to find a weak spot on your roster, that would probably be it. I just made a deal for Turnbow to shore up my relief because I was so worried about Benitez. The Giants are pretty much never in save opportunities, which is weird. They either lose or win big, I guess. And when Benitez does get the rare chance, he's looked shaky.

Good luck.
Chip1010
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

closer

Postby ricky151 » Fri May 26, 2006 1:56 am

nice staff ecspecially since you dealt your aces away. I would look to see if you can get gagne for cheap. Yeah i would go for a closer too. how many teams in your league
ricky151
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cha Train » Fri May 26, 2006 1:57 am

Solid looking team. I think that once Sexson comes around you'll be solid from top to bottom. RP is a bit of a weakness to me, like everyone else has said, Gonzales doesn't look to get a great deal of saves, and Lidge has looked VERY rocky so far this year. If I were you, I'd try and move Nathan for a solid closer on a good team, or maybe even 2 closers from solid teams. People tend to overrate big names, and you might be able to get 2 quality closers (Jenks, Gordon, Wickman) for one Nathan. It's worth a shot, so that's what I'd try dangling out there.
thanks for the help on mine.
Goodnight Ladies, GOODNIGHT SIR!! Hit the lights sweetheart!
Cha Train
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mpoland92 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:27 pm

I agree with everyone on ur 1B situation, hopefully Sexson is juststarting slow and will pick it up... a suggestion would be trying one of ur OF or double up a couple of ur closers andm aybe go after Papelbon beings it isnt a keeper league, a quick fix as it looks like Papelbon is for real..... good luck to you, IMO you will move up with a little patience.....

my link: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=209311
mpoland92
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team