Frank Robinson-in tears - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Frank Robinson-in tears

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stumpak » Fri May 26, 2006 9:25 am

I would be crying too if I had to manage a team put together by Bowden. Guzman is getting a gazillion dollars to sit on the DL and hits like a 10 year old girl even when healthy. It is frusturating managing a crappy team, but even more frusturating when you knwo the team could have been a lot better if resources had been allocated more wisely.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 26, 2006 10:17 am

Robinson is a tough but fair guy. Anybody remember the incident in Montreal when he called to the bullpen and the pitcher tried to leave the mound before the reliever got there? Robinson grabbed the guy by the arm and dragged him back to the mound like he was a 3 yr old, to wait for the reliever. :-D

Robinson's got a lot of respect for the game.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby nsulham » Fri May 26, 2006 10:28 am

I remember a game in SF last year I think it was where they totally botched an infield fly or something like that and Frank came out but not so much to argue but to yell at his player. It was hilarious watching him storm off muttering to himself.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby garf112 » Fri May 26, 2006 11:01 am

Crying? That's kind of ridiculous. He had to pull his catcher. Not a big deal.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 26, 2006 11:04 am

garf112 wrote:Crying? That's kind of ridiculous. He had to pull his catcher. Not a big deal.

Jason Bay saw it on TV and he cried too.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby Matthias » Fri May 26, 2006 11:05 am

Big Pimpin wrote:He is a quality human being. Not much else I can say about it... ;-D

Word.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pochucker » Fri May 26, 2006 11:20 am

I think Frank Robinson is great for baseball. Wish there were more old school guyslike him in the game. If you could have only seen him play -- tough hard nosed, what a competitor. Had some of the greatest years I have seen by a player.
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Richie Rich » Fri May 26, 2006 12:02 pm

Classy Guy = definition of Frank
C:Sandoval 1B:Teixeira 2B:Ramirez 3B:Huff SS:Rollins OF:Crawford OF:Markakis OF:Kemp U:Holliday U:Morneau B: Werth DL: Lowell
SP Billingsley Shields Verlander Lackey Romero Hughes
RP Cordero Bell Bailey Francisco
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri May 26, 2006 12:06 pm

garf112 wrote:Crying? That's kind of ridiculous. He had to pull his catcher. Not a big deal.

It is a big deal to a guy that respects the traditions of the game. You don't make a defensive replacement mid-inning. It's basically calling out the guy in front of the fans and saying "you suck so badly I can't let you finish this inning in the field". Robinson understood that he'd put LeCroy into a situation that he just doesn't have the ability to deal with and he felt terrible about having to show LeCroy up by pulling him out of the game. He was a stand-up guy after the game and showed that he's a real class act. And I definitely feel badly for both of them...the Astros were making LeCroy look terrible at a position he's just not that good at playing. Since catcher isn't his main position you can't really hold his crappiness there against him but it doesn't make him feel any better as all of that was going on. And you can't blaim the Astros - they were just trying to win a game.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby moochman » Fri May 26, 2006 12:09 pm

Probably just me, but I am tired of all the crying going on.

Get a grip. Frank, you were forced to play a guy who can't throw at Catcher. What did you think was going to happen? So you pull the guy. So what? It's not a big deal...well maybe now it is because of all the tearshed over it. LeCroy has to be totally embarrassed now that the world has seen how distruaght you were over it.
What ever happened to sucking it up and being a man? Just tell it like it is, you had to pull your catcher and you are sorry for putting him in a position to fail. Then move the ef on, leave the tears and melodrama for the soaps.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers