Marcus Thames - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Marcus Thames

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dukesimms » Fri May 26, 2006 10:03 pm

Young needs to be traded, Thames should have played last year and would be decent DH. Detroit really needs a left handed bat
Nothing is idiotproof to a sufficiently motivated idiot
dukesimms
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat May 27, 2006 8:47 pm

dukesimms wrote:Young needs to be traded, Thames should have played last year and would be decent DH. Detroit really needs a left handed bat
It would be a miracle to trade Young. A fat guy who can't stay healthy on the wrong side of 30 making $8 million dollars and can't play in the field. If only it were that easy...
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat May 27, 2006 8:51 pm

moochman wrote:I'm a non-believer. He is the 4th OFer who's D is awful and has shown to be too incosistant a hitter to stick as a regular in the show.
Long term, yes, he isn't much to speak of as a regular in the field, but while he's red hot with the bat, you have to run the guy out there at DH. Why waste a hot streak? Give me Thames over Alexis Gomez anyday, not that that's saying very much :-b
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby moochman » Sun May 28, 2006 12:50 pm

mcqfesijiba wrote:
moochman wrote:I'm a non-believer. He is the 4th OFer who's D is awful and has shown to be too incosistant a hitter to stick as a regular in the show.
Long term, yes, he isn't much to speak of as a regular in the field, but while he's red hot with the bat, you have to run the guy out there at DH. Why waste a hot streak? Give me Thames over Alexis Gomez anyday, not that that's saying very much :-b

Agreed. It is impossible to question anything Leyland is doing right now, that would be like a 31 win team's coach berating the team. Ozzie is such an azzhoe. Anyway, you do have to ride a hot streak and Thames is hot right now. Hope he can carry that into the Yankees series.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers