Honestly....Royals worst ever??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Honestly....Royals worst ever???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hybrid » Thu May 25, 2006 6:50 pm

The Royals need to get a make over from who is running the organization. They have let this team run straight into the ground and I don't see a real effort to get them out of it. They have done better drafting lately, but a big problem is they aren't getting anything to really help after their 1st round pick.

If they draft Miller, they should have 2 very good young pitchers (other being Greinke). Then add Butler and Gordon and there is the base of their future foundation. If they start making better decisions and draft better, they can eventually become a nice team ... it's just a long road to travel at this point.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Honestly....Royals worst ever???

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 25, 2006 6:53 pm

mikhayl wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
mikhayl wrote:A little harsh. Emil Brown and Doug Meintzdfkslfai are legit major leaguers.

you've got to be kidding!

He should be a .270 15 HR 75+ RBI guy. You could do worse as an outfielder in the bigs. Am I vastly overrating him?

Aaron Guiel could do that too given the playing time, it's nothing special.

I actually love Minny, as defensive backup ONLY. But those are only useful when you have a leave to protect. Doesn't happen much.

I thought the Fielding Bible has him as the 2nd worst LF last year JUUUUUST ahead of Manny Ramirez, and we all know Manny is not getting paid because of his glove.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 25, 2006 6:57 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
I thought the Fielding Bible has him as the 2nd worst LF last year JUUUUUST ahead of Manny Ramirez, and we all know Manny is not getting paid because of his glove.

Minny = Mientkiewicz and he's 1 of the best defensive 1B to ever play in the league. NOw his bat is another story.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 25, 2006 6:59 pm

Send em to montreal.

who on earth would sign with KC?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 25, 2006 7:00 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

Minny = Mientkiewicz and he's 1 of the best defensive 1B to ever play in the league. NOw his bat is another story.

oh, okay, I just have a personal problem with Emil Brown....
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikhayl » Thu May 25, 2006 7:00 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

He made an awesome play last night and stole a double from someone (Granderson?).
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RAmst23 » Thu May 25, 2006 9:08 pm

mikhayl wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

He made an awesome play last night and stole a double from someone (Granderson?).

I think PWF though Minny somehow meant Emil Brown... anyway, no Emil Brown probably would not start for any major league club that I can think of.

Yea, KC is really one of the worst in awhile. Watching the Cardinals play them for 3 games really showed just how bad they were. There was not one facet of the game that KC could perform in and do better. Our starting pitching wasn't even that great during our KC trip, yet the Cards swept.

I don't know what the Royals should do at this point. They have very few prospects and no real good players on the team. At this point they won't even be able to sign free agents at a decent price...
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ukjohn » Thu May 25, 2006 9:13 pm

mikhayl wrote:A little harsh. Emil Brown and Doug Meintzdfkslfai are legit major leaguers.

:-?
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers