I hate my job Part II - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I hate my job Part II

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I hate my job Part II

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 26, 2006 11:09 am

acsguitar wrote:I really hate Spying CIO's who are in the office 1 time every 3 weeks and yet find time in that 1 time to complain that he see's me surfing the internet when he walks by.

No matter how hard/well you are working you are expected to work harder and better.

dude, you have almost 12,000 posts here. More than 15/day, most of them either complaining about your job or talking about hot chicks. We appreciate the posts but you should be thankful that you haven't been fired yet.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fireball Express » Fri May 26, 2006 11:24 am

ACS, no matter who you are or what you do there is always goinf to be someone's foot up your arse. Just the facts of life.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri May 26, 2006 11:56 am

I love working on my own schedule. Well, sort of...I have to be in at 5am, but then I can leave whenever my work is done. On average that's about 2-3pm, but on Fridays (especially before three-day weekends) it can be as early as 10:30.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: I hate my job Part II

Postby acsguitar » Fri May 26, 2006 12:07 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I really hate Spying CIO's who are in the office 1 time every 3 weeks and yet find time in that 1 time to complain that he see's me surfing the internet when he walks by.

No matter how hard/well you are working you are expected to work harder and better.

dude, you have almost 12,000 posts here. More than 15/day, most of them either complaining about your job or talking about hot chicks. We appreciate the posts but you should be thankful that you haven't been fired yet.

My question is what does it matter if I spend that much time on here. I get my work done at an above average level.

Anyways I reset my desk so now no spies can see me.

Plus I've been very active in the Baseball Leftovers/Trades/Cheering Venting area's latley. Much more so then General Talk.

So fuddlecakes to you canuck!

j/k :)
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby knapplc » Fri May 26, 2006 12:11 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I love working on my own schedule. Well, sort of...I have to be in at 5am, but then I can leave whenever my work is done. On average that's about 2-3pm, but on Fridays (especially before three-day weekends) it can be as early as 10:30.

What do you do? 8-o
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri May 26, 2006 12:29 pm

knapplc wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I love working on my own schedule. Well, sort of...I have to be in at 5am, but then I can leave whenever my work is done. On average that's about 2-3pm, but on Fridays (especially before three-day weekends) it can be as early as 10:30.

What do you do? 8-o

I work in radio as news director for a group of three stations. I do two half-hour newscasts plus an hour long talk show in the mornings, but I'm off air at 9am. I spend the rest of my day gathering news and audio to use the following day. But I wont have another newscast until Tuesday morning, so anything I got for today would be outdated by then anyway. No point in sticking around all day if I'm not going to be able to use any of my work next week anyway.

Days like this are the exception though, we had our primaries last week and on election day I was at work from 5am to almost 11pm, then back in at five the next day.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri May 26, 2006 12:33 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
knapplc wrote:

What do you do? 8-o

I work in radio as news director for a group of three stations. I do two half-hour newscasts plus an hour long talk show in the mornings, but I'm off air at 9am. I spend the rest of my day gathering news and audio to use the following day. But I wont have another newscast until Tuesday morning, so anything I got for today would be outdated by then anyway. No point in sticking around all day if I'm not going to be able to use any of my work next week anyway.

Days like this are the exception though, we had our primaries last week and on election day I was at work from 5am to almost 11pm, then back in at five the next day.

Color me jealous.

I work for the state government in Nebraska as an Investigator. Today my job is to answer all incoming calls and explain the discrimination law. It makes for a LOOOONG day, especially on the eve of a long weekend.

:,-(
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri May 26, 2006 1:02 pm

Don't let The Man get you down acs.

Why don't you visit his office now and then and let him know how good of a job he's doing?

Did you let him just yell at you about surfing the net and didn't defend yourself?

Stick up for yourself acs. Grow some balls. Print out your 'numbers', if you can, and slap them down in front of him to see.

Next time he comes by, tell him you're going to file sexual harassment against him, because he looked at you 'that way' and always seems to point you out, like he's interested in you.

Or simply hit on him. That'll keep him away from your cubicle or whatever you work in.

Go buy a marial arts trophy and display it in your cubicle.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby acsguitar » Fri May 26, 2006 1:08 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Don't let The Man get you down acs.

Why don't you visit his office now and then and let him know how good of a job he's doing?

Did you let him just yell at you about surfing the net and didn't defend yourself?

Stick up for yourself acs. Grow some balls. Print out your 'numbers', if you can, and slap them down in front of him to see.

Next time he comes by, tell him you're going to file sexual harassment against him, because he looked at you 'that way' and always seems to point you out, like he's interested in you.

Or simply hit on him. That'll keep him away from your cubicle or whatever you work in.

Go buy a marial arts trophy and display it in your cubicle.

This post is 90% amazingly bad arse

The 10% that isn't is where you tell me to grow balls. Haven't you seen my martial arts trophy watch yourself!!

Anyways, the CIO didn't tell me, he told my Boss to tell me. So I told my boss my numbers are great so I don't see the problem. Basically my boss had to tell me so that the CIO wouldn't yell at him.

What a P
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby chadlincoln » Fri May 26, 2006 1:10 pm

Too bad the cafe doesn't have a boss button you can push making it look like an Excel spreadsheet. :-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk