WOW, ANDY PETTITE ROUGHED UP AGAIN! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

WOW, ANDY PETTITE ROUGHED UP AGAIN!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby johnsamo » Thu May 25, 2006 11:41 pm

It's wierd, he's had 4 HORRIBLE starts sandwiched between good to great starts... two starts ago, he threw a CG shoutout on the rockies. I thought my troubles were over with Petite and then the Nats of all teams blow him away.

It's especially frustrating, because after each bad game, I bench his next start, which he throws well in, then I put him back in, and he has one of these days.

I got I think it's a mechanics/head thing... You don't throw CG 3 hit 7 K shutouts when you're hurt, or his other good starts too.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Thu May 25, 2006 11:43 pm

The weirder thing is, his first 3 bad games, the next games he pitched fine and got the win, so if history serves as a guide, he'll win the next start.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pangbones » Fri May 26, 2006 3:02 am

johnsamo wrote:The weirder thing is, his first 3 bad games, the next games he pitched fine and got the win, so if history serves as a guide, he'll win the next start.

That would be at St Louis!! :-o Not sure I want him in there for that.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby josebach » Fri May 26, 2006 9:41 am

I know it's tempting to drop him. I'm feeling the pain just like everyone else. We have to keep things in perspective, though. Right now people are batting .320 against him. His career BAA is .268 and since he's come to the National league it's been .228. He'll get it together, he's just going through a rough, unlucky stretch. Anybody that panics right now is going to be kicking themselves in the ass when he starts dominating in the second half.

Be patient. ;-D
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JohnGris » Fri May 26, 2006 10:02 am

I know it's tempting to drop him. I'm feeling the pain just like everyone else. We have to keep things in perspective, though. Right now people are batting .320 against him. His career BAA is .268 and since he's come to the National league it's been .228. He'll get it together, he's just going through a rough, unlucky stretch. Anybody that panics right now is going to be kicking themselves in the ass when he starts dominating in the second half.

Be patient.

I think this is the right attitude. It's way riskier to drop a proven pitcher like Petitte than to start him. The logical thing to do, though, is stay in between the extremes and bench him.

I've been pitching him, but after last week, he's staying on my bench until he puts together 2 decent starts in a row. I've picked up another pitcher in the meantime to fill out his starts.
JohnGris
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: WOW, ANDY PETTITE ROUGHED UP AGAIN!

Postby tjasinto2 » Sat May 27, 2006 9:58 pm

jebnasty wrote:What is going on with him. He has been awful this year.
That's why I dropped him yesterday for Verlander
tjasinto2
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates