Cubs Firesale....everyone on the block? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cubs Firesale....everyone on the block?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chadlincoln » Fri May 26, 2006 5:25 pm

Fire sale. Now. We suck.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Fri May 26, 2006 5:26 pm

BigZ38 wrote:
Cubs fans...have you seen your lineup?

Juan Pierre, Matt Murton, Jacque Jones, Todd Walker, Neifi Perez, Ronny Cedeno, Michael Barrett, and a struggling Aramis Ramirez.

You expect that lineup to produce more than 18 wins at this point in the season?

We just got swept by the marlins.

Yes, probably because your leadoff hitter has an OPS of .557 and your number two hitter has an OPS of .465.

Those are not Dusty's fault...he can only play what he's given.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby dc928 » Fri May 26, 2006 6:25 pm

BigZ38 wrote:No way Aramis goes. The Cubs have had a gaping hole at third base for years and he has finally filled it. Pierre should be traded, Prior should be trade, Wood should be traded, and if anyone will take Jacque Jones they should get rid of him too. Keep Lee, Ramirez, Cedeno, Murton, Barrett, Marshall, Zambrano.

You must be a Cub fan. I mean what can you get for those players. You ain't getting equal value for them anyways. I think Pierre will turn around and he is cheap so might as well keep him. I mean who you going to get that can replace Pierre. As for Prior, if somehow the Cubs traded him it might be the bestest mistake of their life cuz Prior will be someone's ACE for years to come for very little asking price. I think Wood should be traded, but who wants a damage good now.....

:-°
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri May 26, 2006 7:12 pm

BWHAHAHA! NEFI FREAKIN PEREZ!

haha, dusty, dusty, dusty. you never learn.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby davidmarver » Fri May 26, 2006 7:49 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:BWHAHAHA! NEFI FREAKIN PEREZ!

What was Dusty supposed to do; defensively replace Neifi Perez? :-?

With who? Ryan Theriot? Jerry Hairston Jr.? Haha, give me a break.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Fri May 26, 2006 8:03 pm

davidmarver wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:BWHAHAHA! NEFI FREAKIN PEREZ!

What was Dusty supposed to do; defensively replace Neifi Perez? :-?

With who? Ryan Theriot? Jerry Hairston Jr.? Haha, give me a break.

no, the point is that the only reason Neifi has a job is that Dusty loves him.

$2.5mm, f'n-a that hurts my head.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby shuggoth » Fri May 26, 2006 8:55 pm

I'm normally a lurker, but damn it really sucks to be a Cub fan right about now. Neifi Perez. Please excuse the profanity, but Neifi Perez. This is going to one loooooooong summer. Especially since almost all of my in-laws are Sox fans. I wouldn't mind a fire sale once we got close to the trading deadline. As long as Neifi and Dusty go. Who cares if 3 years ago the Cubs were in the playoffs? After all that I have seen since then I am convinced it was just a fluke.
shuggoth Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri May 26, 2006 8:59 pm

shuggoth wrote:I'm normally a lurker, but damn it really sucks to be a Cub fan right about now. Neifi Perez. Please excuse the profanity, but Neifi Perez. This is going to one loooooooong summer. Especially since almost all of my in-laws are Sox fans. I wouldn't mind a fire sale once we got close to the trading deadline. As long as Neifi and Dusty go. Who cares if 3 years ago the Cubs were in the playoffs? After all that I have seen since then I am convinced it was just a fluke.

Not a fluke...well, not exactly a fluke at least. It's what happens when Kerry Wood and Mark Prior stayed mostly healthy. I guess it is a fluke in that I doubt they're ever both healthy at the same time for more than a couple weeks again.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby shuggoth » Fri May 26, 2006 10:05 pm

I'm normally a lurker, but damn it really sucks to be a Cub fan right about now. Neifi Perez. Please excuse the profanity, but Neifi Perez. This is going to one loooooooong summer. Especially since almost all of my in-laws are Sox fans. I wouldn't mind a fire sale once we got close to the trading deadline. As long as Neifi and Dusty go. Who cares if 3 years ago the Cubs were in the playoffs? After all that I have seen since then I am convinced it was just a fluke.
shuggoth Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri May 26, 2006 10:17 pm

God has forskaen the north side.

Wrveres, you are the goofiest Padres fan I've ever seen. The Giants are a major divisional and regional rival to you, but you just seem to plain love em, from Bonds to Baker to so on. Dusty has had two good seasons in Chicago, and now hes had 2 bad ones, with those getting progressively worse. At some point, someone has to be accountable, and you can't fire all the players.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers