Keeper League Rules? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Keeper League Rules?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League Rules?

Postby ptak1 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:23 pm

My league switched to a keeper league this year without anyone really knowing exactly how to setup and run them. I have been looking for a set of rules or guidelines since then, and haven't been able to find anything that really breaks it down well.

We play in a H2H fantasy points league using a serpentine draft format. The idea of switching to auction style draft was not an option.

I would appreciate any input that would be offered.
ptak1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jlm53089 » Thu May 25, 2006 7:26 pm

Keep Players and give them round values, say you wanna keep albert pujols and you picked him in the first round(i would hope)...that person keeps albert but loses their first round pick for the draft, and just remember who was picked in what round etc etc...
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby broomulack » Thu May 25, 2006 7:37 pm

I'm in a h2h league that allows keepers only after a certain round. For instance, starting in round 7, you can keep any player and hav him in that round the following year, for one year.

Unless you in an auction league, you're practically limited to allowing a player to be kept for only one season (following his original season, of course). It's very tough to keep a player for more than one year in any fair manner.
broomulack
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JakeTrain72 » Thu May 25, 2006 7:58 pm

We wanted to do a keeper but we didnt want to make the draft meaningless. We have it set up so when we have 10 teams you can keep 4 players and if we have 12 teams you can only keep 3 players.

You can keep anyone regardless of where they are drafted, but you must keep at least one pitcher and one hitter, cannot have only hitters or pitchers (unless you decide not to keep your full allotment of players-see below).

Since we have 12 teams right now, if an owner chooses to only keep 2 players they get an additional 5th round pick, if they keep only 1 player they get an additional 3rd and an additional 5th round choice and if they decide to abandon thier entire team they get an extra 1st, 3rd and 5th. These picks are given at the end of each round.

Doing it this way helps keep the main players on your team, but it doesn't take so much away that the draft is less significant.
JakeTrain72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Minor League Skilz » Fri May 26, 2006 2:35 pm

I had this linked saved --->

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... eper+rules

good luck!
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby garf112 » Fri May 26, 2006 2:46 pm

Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Return to Baseball Leftovers