Carpenter possibly to the DL? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Carpenter possibly to the DL?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Carpenter possibly to the DL?

Postby clevername » Thu May 25, 2006 12:17 pm

according to LaRussa on the radio.

:-/
Last edited by clevername on Thu May 25, 2006 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:31 pm

Wow, that hurts a lot. Hmmm...So now my two aces are on the DL. Carpenter and Patterson.

EDIT: I guess that's why he sucked in his last few starts. Injury was nagging him a bit possibly.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jh2031 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:41 pm

May 25: Chris Carpenter is suffering from inflammation of a bursa sac situated between his right shoulder and rib cage, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "We gave it some time and treated it and two days ago it felt perfect. Then I played some catch and re-aggravated it, so we're going to make sure we give it enough time," Carpenter said before missing his scheduled start yesterday.

That doesn't sound good.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 25, 2006 1:45 pm

Actually that type of injury isn't all that bad. Inflammation calms down with rest and a DL stint should take care of it. It's tears and strains that you have to worry about.

That doesn't help me in the league where he's my ONLY starting pitcher and I have a 14 inning minimum per week...very well may have to spot start a guy every week to meet the minimum now in a 14 team league. But it's not bad news at all.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby jh2031 » Thu May 25, 2006 1:59 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:Actually that type of injury isn't all that bad. Inflammation calms down with rest and a DL stint should take care of it. It's tears and strains that you have to worry about.

That doesn't help me in the league where he's my ONLY starting pitcher and I have a 14 inning minimum per week...very well may have to spot start a guy every week to meet the minimum now in a 14 team league. But it's not bad news at all.

It's bad news when you're in last place in ERA, wins, and not great in SO's like I am in my league. Uhhh, this year can't get any worse for injuries...I swear. :-t
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby twistedude » Thu May 25, 2006 2:00 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooo :~( :~( :~(
twistedude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 37)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 25, 2006 2:06 pm

jh2031 wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:Actually that type of injury isn't all that bad. Inflammation calms down with rest and a DL stint should take care of it. It's tears and strains that you have to worry about.

It's bad news when you're in last place in ERA, wins, and not great in SO's like I am in my league. Uhhh, this year can't get any worse for injuries...I swear. :-t

15 days isn't going to kill any fantasy team though. And honestly this is a 15 day deal unless there's something more than just the inflammation. A bit of rest, a bullpen session and Carp will be back out there pitching your team to victory (or at least to a higher than last place finish in ERA/Wins/SO's ;) ).
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jh2031 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:12 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
jh2031 wrote:

15 days isn't going to kill any fantasy team though. And honestly this is a 15 day deal unless there's something more than just the inflammation. A bit of rest, a bullpen session and Carp will be back out there pitching your team to victory (or at least to a higher than last place finish in ERA/Wins/SO's ;) ).

I guess you're one of those optimistic kind of people, huh? :-)
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 25, 2006 2:18 pm

jh2031 wrote:I guess you're one of those optimistic kind of people, huh? :-)

Well...I went out and traded for Sheets after he went on the DL in a few leagues so I think you may be on to something there. :-o

Seriously though, inflamed bursa are no biggy. Just have to rest the arm so it stops barking at you and then you're good to go. ;-D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Krunk City King$ » Thu May 25, 2006 2:43 pm

jh2031 wrote:Wow, that hurts a lot. Hmmm...So now my two aces are on the DL. Carpenter and Patterson.

EDIT: I guess that's why he sucked in his last few starts. Injury was nagging him a bit possibly.

I have Carp, Patterson and Hammels and I added Clemens so I am a pitcher short.

I guess that I will have to re-sign Doug Davis or Jason Marquis...

:-P
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates