21 GB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

21 GB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigken117 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:44 pm

Royals may as well call up Gordon and Butler so at least they can have some worthy fantasy players...
Can't believe I jumped on the Dessens bandwagon :-P

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RAmst23 » Thu May 25, 2006 9:20 pm

jondunc wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
damonhater wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Just put the whole team down in triple A and let them contend for 2nd place or so in whatever league they would be playing in

Too bad they can't just open their pursed like your beloved yankees and buy a team. Hmmm wonder what you can get for 252 million?

Too bad you don't make any valid points on this website.

Anyways the Yankees are playing within the rules 100%.

Its not my fault the owner of the Royals doesn't value winning as much as steinbrenner.

KC fan's seem to be pretty loyal even though their team is in the dumpster year after year. If you can't afford a MLB team then don't own one.

When I go to gamble I don't complain that its unfair because the person next to me has more winnings because he spent more money trying to hit the jackpot.

Thats life. Those are the rules. Don't complain if you don't use the rules to your advantage.

Not to turn this thread into a NY discussion, but you do understand that there are other reasons why the Yankees can spend so much money right? Like the fact that they are in the city of NY? I know that it is within the rules, but any owner spending $252 M in KC is gonna lose a hell of a lot more than an owner spending the same in NY, so your argument is pretty bogus.

Yea, poor small market teams. When was the last time the Yankees won the World Series? Is it maybe true that a well run team can also win the World Series??

Anyway, KC is a running joke of a franchise. Even Tampa Bay is turning itself around and becoming a dangerous team to play. Pittsburgh at least TRIES to win, and has a good crop of young lefties. KC has nothing, and sadly is going to have nothing for the next several years.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby giants! » Thu May 25, 2006 9:25 pm

Before you get into the Yankee discussion just keep in mind that Kansas City franchise is owned by a millionare
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Thu May 25, 2006 9:29 pm

The Royals were putrid again today blowing a six nothing lead. Bautista gave the runs right right back and Dessens and Burgos imploded. Talk about a deflating loss. Unfortunately I own Dessens. :-t
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WittyC » Thu May 25, 2006 9:39 pm

Kansas City's Problem...

Reggie Sanders (38) 2 yrs/$10 mil
Mark Grudzielanek (35) 1 yr/$4 mil
Scott Elarton (30) 2 yrs/$8 mil
Doug Mientkiewicz (31) 1 yr/$2.55 mil (w/ incentives)

They were finally given some cash to spend, but their retard of a GM blew it on aging vets who were sure not to help the club. My question is how did the fine people of KC actually give this pitiful organization money for a new stadium a few years back. That place is gorgeous, but no one turns out to see this AA team.

The Yankees Comparison...

Baseball is a cartel, and apparently Steinbrenner is sitting on the throne. This is why the Yankees have hundreds of millions of dollars to spend on their team. There should be 3 or 4 teams in NY, but King George and his cronies will do everything within their power to keep teams from moving in on their turf. You certainly can't blame them... but you can blame Selig, Congress and the US court system for allowing this BS to take place.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby giants! » Thu May 25, 2006 10:54 pm

WittyC wrote:Kansas City's Problem...

They were finally given some cash to spend, but their retard of a GM blew it on aging vets who were sure not to help the club. My question is how did the fine people of KC actually give this pitiful organization money for a new stadium a few years back. That place is gorgeous, but no one turns out to see this AA team.

Baseball is a cartel, and apparently Steinbrenner is sitting on the throne. This is why the Yankees have hundreds of millions of dollars to spend on their team. There should be 3 or 4 teams in NY, but King George and his cronies will do everything within their power to keep teams from moving in on their turf. You certainly can't blame them... but you can blame Selig, Congress and the US court system for allowing this BS to take place.

There is no way there would be more teams in new york, no one would ppay more taxes for unnecessary teams
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WittyC » Thu May 25, 2006 11:15 pm

giants! wrote:

There is no way there would be more teams in new york, no one would ppay more taxes for unnecessary teams

No one should have to pay taxes for baseball teams, anyways. Stadiums should be privately funded.

Even so, more teams would increase competition and drive down the FCI (family cost index), which is pretty darn high at Yankees games. People might be willing to pay slightly higher taxes to get to enjoy baseball at a lower cost.

I don't think this is just true in NY, either. There are plenty of other cities that could support more clubs. And I'm certainly not the first or last to think this is a good idea.

Unfortunately, it will never happen... so there's really no reason for us to thread-jack over it. :-/
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby number9 » Fri May 26, 2006 1:31 am

Yeah, the baseball cartel uses the thread of relocation/contraction to extract tax payer money to build new stadiums (often at huge cost overruns) when old stadiums are perfectly functionable.

But then again, the cartel means that fans in smaller towns like Minnesota and KC have clubs that otherwise in a competitive format (with promotions and relegations) would not survive in the top league (without major financial backing).
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CadensDad » Fri May 26, 2006 2:19 am

giants! wrote:

Two teams is more than enough for ANY city, there are I'd say 12 teams (Mainly small market though) that could afford a city and could do well with it. KC has very bad management and very good fans. Sad to say they cant treat thier fans with the respect they deserve and hold a 6 run lead

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers