21 GB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

21 GB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

21 GB

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu May 25, 2006 9:07 am

I couldn't believe it when I heard this, but Kansas City is already 21 games behind Detroit!!.. :-o :-o

That is unbelievable. Should they throw in the towel already?..

They are also 20 games behind the White Sox. What is the record for games behind first place at the end of a year?.. Can they break it?!.. :-b
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1708
Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu May 25, 2006 10:32 am

Florida was 52 games behind Atlanta in 1998. That is the biggest deficit that I know of in the last 20+ years or so.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 25, 2006 10:38 am

they should have thrown in the towel on opening day
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BritSox » Thu May 25, 2006 10:44 am

Shouldn't have bothered bringing the towel in the first place.
Image
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5223
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 25, 2006 10:56 am

Just put the whole team down in triple A and let them contend for 2nd place or so in whatever league they would be playing in
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby damonhater » Thu May 25, 2006 11:04 am

acsguitar wrote:Just put the whole team down in triple A and let them contend for 2nd place or so in whatever league they would be playing in


Too bad they can't just open their pursed like your beloved yankees and buy a team. Hmmm wonder what you can get for 252 million?
damonhater Beginner
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 242
Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UP SIDE ARODS HEAD

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 25, 2006 11:21 am

damonhater wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Just put the whole team down in triple A and let them contend for 2nd place or so in whatever league they would be playing in


Too bad they can't just open their pursed like your beloved yankees and buy a team. Hmmm wonder what you can get for 252 million?


true, but their cheapskate owner could open it up a little more
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 25, 2006 11:24 am

damonhater wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Just put the whole team down in triple A and let them contend for 2nd place or so in whatever league they would be playing in


Too bad they can't just open their pursed like your beloved yankees and buy a team. Hmmm wonder what you can get for 252 million?


Too bad you don't make any valid points on this website.

Anyways the Yankees are playing within the rules 100%.

Its not my fault the owner of the Royals doesn't value winning as much as steinbrenner.

KC fan's seem to be pretty loyal even though their team is in the dumpster year after year. If you can't afford a MLB team then don't own one.

When I go to gamble I don't complain that its unfair because the person next to me has more winnings because he spent more money trying to hit the jackpot.

Thats life. Those are the rules. Don't complain if you don't use the rules to your advantage.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby jondunc » Thu May 25, 2006 12:04 pm

acsguitar wrote:
damonhater wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Just put the whole team down in triple A and let them contend for 2nd place or so in whatever league they would be playing in


Too bad they can't just open their pursed like your beloved yankees and buy a team. Hmmm wonder what you can get for 252 million?


Too bad you don't make any valid points on this website.

Anyways the Yankees are playing within the rules 100%.

Its not my fault the owner of the Royals doesn't value winning as much as steinbrenner.

KC fan's seem to be pretty loyal even though their team is in the dumpster year after year. If you can't afford a MLB team then don't own one.

When I go to gamble I don't complain that its unfair because the person next to me has more winnings because he spent more money trying to hit the jackpot.

Thats life. Those are the rules. Don't complain if you don't use the rules to your advantage.

Not to turn this thread into a NY discussion, but you do understand that there are other reasons why the Yankees can spend so much money right? Like the fact that they are in the city of NY? I know that it is within the rules, but any owner spending $252 M in KC is gonna lose a hell of a lot more than an owner spending the same in NY, so your argument is pretty bogus.
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 178
Joined: 25 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby number9 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:32 pm

acsguitar wrote:Just put the whole team down in triple A and let them contend for 2nd place or so in whatever league they would be playing in

I wish there were promotions and relegations like in lots of other pro sports leagues around the world..
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 446
Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: far far away

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 1:37 hours
(and 91 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact