Coco Crisp: could return Monday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Coco Crisp: could return Monday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Coco Crisp: could return Monday

Postby The Big Train » Thu May 25, 2006 2:59 am

Ian Browne of MLB.com reports:

BOSTON -- The Red Sox have outlined a specific schedule for Coco Crisp to go on a Minor League rehab assignment, and, though they don't want to look too far ahead, Monday night in Toronto is looking like a logical time for the switch-hitting center fielder to reclaim his spot in the lineup.
Red Sox manager Terry Francona announced after Tuesday's game that Crisp will take batting practice at Fenway Park on Wednesday for the third straight day and then depart for Florida for two games of extended Spring Training.

Crisp will play at Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday, and most likely work out at Fenway on Sunday and accompany the team for a 10-game road trip that begins in Toronto on Monday night. Francona did leave open the option that Crisp could play for Pawtucket on Sunday if he needs a few more at-bats.

Originally, Crisp didn't see the value in reporting to extended Spring Training in Florida, but after conferring with Francona and others, he apparently came around on the idea.

"Because we're sending him to [extended spring], we can kind of do what we want," said Francona. "He can play center field, he can lead off every inning. We are going to try to get him 10, 12, 15 at-bats. He'll spend two days there, then go to Pawtucket and play Saturday night. The decision on Sunday is he'll either play again Sunday or come back and work out with us and go with us. That's to be determined, depending on the at-bats, how he feels, things like that."
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chicago RedSox » Thu May 25, 2006 9:59 am

I don't think I"m going to start him until he gets a couple big league games in. I also have to figure out who to get rid of to make room for him. I'd picked up Rios to fill in for him, and he's been huge.
I'm definately hurting for coco's SB's, I hope they come pouring in.
:-D
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates