Russ Adams - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Russ Adams

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Russ Adams

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 25, 2006 1:51 am

Rotoworld...

Blue Jays optioned shortstop Russ Adams to Triple-A Syracuse.
Adams' .258/.316/.383 line wasn't nearly as much of a problem as his defense, which was the worst in baseball from the shortstop position. The Blue Jays will likely go with John McDonald as their full-time shortstop for now, but they will be looking for help. McDonald, one of weakest hitters among position players currently on a major league roster, will have only a little value in AL-only leagues. May. 24 - 11:45 pm et
------------------------------------

Why don't they move Catalanotto back to 2B then move Hill to SS. That way they can start Reed Johnson in the OF.

C Molina/Zaun
1B Overbay
2B Catalanotto
SS Hill
3B Glaus
LF Johnson
CF Wells
RF Rios
DH Hillenbrand

I think this better utilizes resources and please try and trade Hinske, maybe to SD or Philly?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:03 am

There was a reason why Catalanotto moved to the outfield, his defense there simply wasn't very good. Cat is definitely not in the infield plans. The Reed/Frank platoon is working out great for the Jays (#1 OF position in the AL in terms of production), I highly doubt they would change it. I'm also not sold on the fact that both of them would be productive hitters if given a full time job (their career splits show this as well).

However, I'm expecting the acquisition of a 2B/SS (either as a FA or a trade) within the next few days by the Jays. They certainly aren't going to throw McDonald out there as a full time SS (atleast I hope they won't :-o ), that's almost like sending a pitcher out to hit. I've heard Adam Kennedy trade rumours over the last few days, or if that falls through, the Jays may try to bring Alex Gonzalez out of retirement.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:14 am

I heard the Kennedy rumor as well but what do the Jays have to offer for him? Lil' Cat's 2B fielding numbers aren't bad and when he played regularly in Tex @ 2B he almost won the batting title. Now I'm not saying that would translate but having McDonald out there as anything other than a defensive replacement is not good news.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby George Bell » Thu May 25, 2006 7:50 am

Shea Hillenbrand is rumoured to be the player the Jays might send to the Angels for Adam Kennedy. It is a deal that makes sense for both clubs; LA could use a little pop and Toronto can't contend with John MacDonald in the starting line up. Also, both players are free agents at the end of the season.
George Bell 1987 AL MVP
"Kiss my purple butt."
George Bell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby George Bell » Thu May 25, 2006 9:55 am

The Toronto Star is reporting today that Russ Adams will be concentrating on playing 2B at Syracuse. He will be returning to the position he played in college.
This would seem to indicate that barring a deal, Aaron Hill will be making the shift back to SS in the coming weeks. Adams may be back up with the Jays once he has made the adjustment to the new/old position.
Call it a little bit of realignment.
George Bell 1987 AL MVP
"Kiss my purple butt."
George Bell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates