Billy Koch and his family and Morgellons Disease. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Billy Koch and his family and Morgellons Disease.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Billy Koch and his family and Morgellons Disease.

Postby Xtreemes » Thu May 25, 2006 12:49 am

This is horrible. I had no idea this is why Billy Koch left baseball. I hope they find out what the disease is and can cure it.

"OAKLAND -- A horrifying and fascinating disease is affecting thousands of people in the Bay Area, along the Gulf Coast and in Florida. Though some doctors have claimed the malady is psychosomatic, other scientists are making headway unraveling the mystery of Morgellons Disease.

Former Oakland A's pitcher Billy Koch has it. And so do his wife and their three children. And though they can afford top medical care, doctors have no answers.

It started in Oakland four years ago. Koch saved 44 games and was the top reliever in the major leagues. His fastball wowed crowds. And then the strangeness began."

"Within two years -- at age 29 -- Billy Koch was out of baseball, partly because of the uncontrollable muscle twitching that went on for months at a time and often kept up him up all night.

The disease is characterized by slow healing skin lesions that often extrude small, dark filaments, especially after bathing.

"That's when it would really just ooze -- literally ooze out of my skin," explained Brandi Koch."

Here's the whole long article
http://www.foxreno.com/news/9264350/detail.html
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Billy Koch and his family and Morgellons Disease.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:52 am

Xtreemes wrote:This is horrible. I had no idea this is why Billy Koch left baseball. I hope they find out what the disease is and can cure it.

"OAKLAND -- A horrifying and fascinating disease is affecting thousands of people in the Bay Area, along the Gulf Coast and in Florida. Though some doctors have claimed the malady is psychosomatic, other scientists are making headway unraveling the mystery of Morgellons Disease.

Former Oakland A's pitcher Billy Koch has it. And so do his wife and their three children. And though they can afford top medical care, doctors have no answers.

It started in Oakland four years ago. Koch saved 44 games and was the top reliever in the major leagues. His fastball wowed crowds. And then the strangeness began."

"Within two years -- at age 29 -- Billy Koch was out of baseball, partly because of the uncontrollable muscle twitching that went on for months at a time and often kept up him up all night.

The disease is characterized by slow healing skin lesions that often extrude small, dark filaments, especially after bathing.

"That's when it would really just ooze -- literally ooze out of my skin," explained Brandi Koch."

Here's the whole long article
http://www.foxreno.com/news/9264350/detail.html

NO WAY!

go to the general talk section of the cafe. we just had a lengthy, and quite disturbing talk about this like a week ago. poor billy, i just thought he sucked, i can definetly see how this could lead to someones downfall. it's horrendosly disturbing.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:54 am

Yeah I remember that general talk thread too. And we had no idea Koch had it. I now forgive him for his crappy season a few years ago. ;-D

It's sounds like a horrific disease. :-o
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Xtreemes » Thu May 25, 2006 12:54 am

My bad, i searched for koch and didn't see that.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:54 am

Yeah, I just found this out today. I feel bad about making fun of Billy's terrible trial with the Jays last season during ST.

This Morgellons thing, it's really weird. If it's affected his whole family, can it really be something that is just in their heads?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby slomo007 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:57 am

mweir145 wrote:Yeah, I just found this out today. I feel bad about making fun of Billy's terrible trial with the Jays last season during ST.

This Morgellons thing, it's really weird. If it's affected his whole family, can it really be something that is just in their heads?

I think the particles coming out of the skin say otherwise.

^ That sounded really smart-assy but I didn't mean it that way. Just saying that the particles coming out of their skin should be proof enough the disease is real.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:57 am

Xtreemes wrote:My bad, i searched for koch and didn't see that.

oh no problem at all. i was just shocked that someone else was bringing up this subject. i didnt fully believe the thread in general talk, but this about cements it. :-o
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Xtreemes » Thu May 25, 2006 12:58 am

Yeah, the article talks about how half the doctors say its psychosomatic, but if they have these lesions how can it be?
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chris_dubyuh » Thu May 25, 2006 1:00 am

Oh man I had no idea why he left baseball. He used to be electric. This is horrible...I hope they can make some kind of breakthrough so Koch can have a comeback season.
chris_dubyuh
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby chris_dubyuh » Thu May 25, 2006 1:00 am

Oh man I had no idea why he left baseball. He used to be electric. This is horrible...I hope they can make some kind of breakthrough so Koch can have a comeback season.
chris_dubyuh
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers