Casey Blake seems the real deal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Casey Blake seems the real deal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PinotResa » Thu May 25, 2006 2:15 pm

chadlincoln wrote:Like Shelton, trade him now while his value is high.

And he's not even as good as Shelton.
PinotResa
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Surfs up » Thu May 25, 2006 9:06 pm

I love you guys. Everyday that goes by you guys keep saying hes going to drop off. And everyday he keeps proving you wrong. And Shelton stopped hitting four weeks into the season. Blake is not only hitting but stealing bases. Somebody said they see him finishing with9 steals. 10 at the most. He's at 5 already. He'll trip over 5 more steals. Don't forget he's playing in the central div. Martinez from Clev. couldn't thro me out at second.Did you guys ever think maybe players have GREAT years once in a while? Even Casey Blake can do what Adrian Beltre did. Buyer beware? Hell. I ain't selling.I'm riding his butt right til the end. And if he falls apart soon I 'll say I should have listened and traded him. But right now he's helped me move up and unless I get an offer I can't refuse he's staying.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 199)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Young 8 » Thu May 25, 2006 9:35 pm

Surfs up wrote:I love you guys. Everyday that goes by you guys keep saying hes going to drop off. And everyday he keeps proving you wrong. And Shelton stopped hitting four weeks into the season. Blake is not only hitting but stealing bases. Somebody said they see him finishing with9 steals. 10 at the most. He's at 5 already. He'll trip over 5 more steals. Don't forget he's playing in the central div. Martinez from Clev. couldn't thro me out at second.Did you guys ever think maybe players have GREAT years once in a while? Even Casey Blake can do what Adrian Beltre did. Buyer beware? Hell. I ain't selling.I'm riding his butt right til the end. And if he falls apart soon I 'll say I should have listened and traded him. But right now he's helped me move up and unless I get an offer I can't refuse he's staying.

i agree

:-D
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WittyC » Thu May 25, 2006 9:52 pm

jondunc wrote:
stumpak wrote:I am not ready to say that a guy who has sucked for years is the real deal based on playing well for 7 weeks. Casey Blake, at the end of the day, is still Casey Blake. Buyer beware.

Even though "sucked for years" is such great analysis, I'll try to offer a counter here. The average of his last three seasons:
.256, 82/23/71/5. This is not awesome for an outfielder, but certainly not sucking either. He'll end up .280-.290, 90/33/100/10 this year IMO.

.258/72/24/76/5

That would be Blake's statline from here on out for him to finish with the numbers you listed, assuming 580 AB's. I'll bank on the BA you predicted, but does anyone want to take odds on Blake driving in 76 more runs with a .258 BA?

Two words: SELL HIGH!
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Thu May 25, 2006 10:43 pm

I think he will at least duplicate his 2004 numbers 28/88. His average has to come down but he should have a career number of BB.
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby EE » Fri May 26, 2006 12:19 am

Surfs up wrote:I love you guys. Everyday that goes by you guys keep saying hes going to drop off. And everyday he keeps proving you wrong. And Shelton stopped hitting four weeks into the season. Blake is not only hitting but stealing bases. Somebody said they see him finishing with9 steals. 10 at the most. He's at 5 already. He'll trip over 5 more steals. Don't forget he's playing in the central div. Martinez from Clev. couldn't thro me out at second.Did you guys ever think maybe players have GREAT years once in a while? Even Casey Blake can do what Adrian Beltre did. Buyer beware? Hell. I ain't selling.I'm riding his butt right til the end. And if he falls apart soon I 'll say I should have listened and traded him. But right now he's helped me move up and unless I get an offer I can't refuse he's staying.

I don't see Blake running on V-Mart anytime soon...[/b]
EE
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MVPSizemore » Fri May 26, 2006 12:23 am

I HATE it when people try and slam Victors arm. The Indians pitching staff are the worst at hold runners on. Most of the SB's arn't his fault. Put a mid-90's Pudge in there and youll get almost the same results.
MVPSizemore
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri May 26, 2006 1:36 am

Blake is benefiting from ridiculous luck on balls in play. When that regresses to the mean his average will plummet. However if the Indians move him up in the order and keep him there due to the hot start his overall value could go up just based on context numbers. But he's still the same hitter he's always been - just a luckier version. ;)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Surfs up » Fri May 26, 2006 8:07 am

I'll take LUCK at this point over a guy with a .200 BA. And lets face it. There has to be some luck involved. Luck. Magic. Smoke and mirrors. Idon't really care. Hes hitting NOW !!! Thats what counts!! ;-D
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 199)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers