Who are your favorite baseball commentators - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who are your favorite baseball commentators

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:17 pm

I liked Steve Stone a lot when he was calling the Cubs. ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baseball6791 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:45 pm

Basically the whole Giants crew. Kruk (thats Mike Krukow not John Kruk) and Kuip are incredible. Jon Miller is incredible and I really like Dave Flemming ;-D

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Wed May 24, 2006 11:16 pm

giants8307 wrote:Great: Jon Miller and Vin Skully

Bad: Braves annoucers

Keith Jackson is the best I've heard in any sport, however.

Hmmm I have to say I totally disagree with everything you said but Skully. Jon Miller blows arse. He acts like he is of hispanic decent or something when he pronounces foreign players names. Its annoying as hell. Vicente Padeeeya. Wilson Baaatameat. just off the top of my head. He butchers them.

Call me a homer, but the Braves anouncers are great. Skip Carey is by far the best to listen to. Not a big fan of Sutton but the rest are good at what they do and entertaining. How much have you actaully had to listen to them to know you dont like them anyway???
TN_Titans_05
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RynMan » Wed May 24, 2006 11:36 pm

I think Tom Brennaman and Steve Lyons are both great. Highly entertaining. Does anyone else like those guys?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby dipset » Wed May 24, 2006 11:46 pm

shmolex wrote:Jon Miller is really good on the radio.

For TV guys, Kruk and Kuip are the best. ;-D

Kruk and KUIp are HOMERS and i live in the bay area and hate the giants. Its so annoying they think everything that the Giants do is good. "Strike 3 but what a beautiful Hack!" ITs annoying as hell.
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Duck Duck Davis » Wed May 24, 2006 11:54 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote: Jon Miller blows arse. He acts like he is of hispanic decent or something when he pronounces foreign players names. Its annoying as hell. Vicente Padeeeya. Wilson Baaatameat. just off the top of my head. He butchers them.

Ever consider that is how the names are supposed to be pronounced? Maybe Jon Miller is the only announcer who isn't annoying when announcing the names of said players.

As for me? I could listen to Steve Stone talk about baseball for a full decade. Straight.
Duck Duck Davis
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby hybrid » Thu May 25, 2006 12:05 am

A few thoughts:

- Vin Scully is the best

- Miller and Morgan can get so annoying, especially when Morgan feels he has to repeat his point over and over (why does ESPN has the worst announcers for sports, football can be just as bad)

- The Giants announcer that likes to scribble out people that are at the games, I find a bit annoying.

- Steve Stone is pretty good, new Cubs announcers aren't as good IMO

- Gammons is a good reporter, though I don't like him calling games much. He screws up a lot of things in the Future Games (well ESPN in general does)
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby gostanford07 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:32 am

dipset wrote:
shmolex wrote:Jon Miller is really good on the radio.

For TV guys, Kruk and Kuip are the best. ;-D

Kruk and KUIp are HOMERS and i live in the bay area and hate the giants. Its so annoying they think everything that the Giants do is good. "Strike 3 but what a beautiful Hack!" ITs annoying as hell.

Not really. I think they are actually pretty fair, at least at giving out compliments. They don't rag on guys from wither team too often. And besides, I'd rather have the announcers at least somewhat root for the hometeam, otherwise it's boring. Also, they are by far the funniest combo I've listened to (which is admittedly not many) and work together like they were born to. I crack up at least 4 or 5 times a game with some of the stuff they come up with.

I'm a homer.
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:46 am

Vin Scully is excellent, and Miller and Morgan are also good.

I can't stand that guy who announces for the Yankees ("The Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!")
KoopaTroopa211
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FalcoAtL » Thu May 25, 2006 12:57 am

RynMan wrote:I think Tom Brennaman and Steve Lyons are both great. Highly entertaining. Does anyone else like those guys?

Thom Brenneman and Steve Lyons are great together on FOX. I've always thought they were better than McCarver and Buck. I was sorry to hear that Lyons was leaving Arizona. It was great to have him for one year though. Brenneman and Gracie are great nowadays. Grace always has a funny way of looking at something and its hilarious to hear him bash Matt Williams every game.

On ESPN Morgan just gets annoying the way he always states the obvious. He's really overrated IMO.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers