2005 Gold Glove Winner...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2005 Gold Glove Winner......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2005 Gold Glove Winner......

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed May 24, 2006 5:40 pm

Bobby Abreu....i know this is a little old, but after watching last nights game id love to see if someone from the other side of the country could tell me how bobby abreu did this. anyone???

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed May 24, 2006 5:49 pm

gold gloves are sometimes popularity contests.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby AT » Wed May 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Speaking of Gold Glove winners...

Curtis Granderson hasn't made an error in his major league career yet. What a stud.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby smoovethug » Wed May 24, 2006 11:12 pm

AT wrote:Speaking of Gold Glove winners...

Curtis Granderson hasn't made an error in his major league career yet. What a stud.

That doesn't tell the whole story. OK I don't watch many Tigers games and I am in no way bashing Granderson as a fielder but if you just go on how many errors a player committs you lose out on the person's fielding range. I can go out there and play CF and not make an error but I probably wouldn't be able to get to alot of balls either.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed May 24, 2006 11:14 pm

jot me down in that list too since i havent made an error in a major league game either. HELL just give me a gold glove!

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Hotlanta » Thu May 25, 2006 7:12 am

smoovethug wrote:

That doesn't tell the whole story. OK I don't watch many Tigers games and I am in no way bashing Granderson as a fielder but if you just go on how many errors a player committs you lose out on the person's fielding range. I can go out there and play CF and not make an error but I probably wouldn't be able to get to alot of balls either.

I think that's what he means. Gold gloves mean toffee these days, Even Edgar Renteria has a couple :-D
Hotlanta
College Coach
College Coach

Postby markj11 » Thu May 25, 2006 9:34 am

smoovethug wrote:

True, I played with a guy that had a 1.000 fielding percentage in center. He also never threw anyone out and had no range. He would time running catches to be diving misses.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers