Casey Blake - putting up the #'s but for how long??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Casey Blake - putting up the #'s but for how long???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Casey Blake - putting up the #'s but for how long???

Postby surferguy » Wed May 24, 2006 4:09 pm

I drafted him in the 20th round. I'm waiting for the bubble to burst but he keeps on hitting. Has he made any changes that have effected his hitting so dramatically?
surferguy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtarail » Wed May 24, 2006 4:14 pm

He's a very good player. Last year was injury plagued and he lost all confidence. But he is as offensively talented as Morgan Ensberg, IMO. Now, I think it's safe to say he's not gonna finish the season hitting over .330. But I think he can wind up the season between .290 and .300 with 25 home runs--maybe more.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Wed May 24, 2006 4:14 pm

mtarail wrote:He's a very good player. Last year was injury plagued and he lost all confidence. But he is as offensively talented as Morgan Ensberg, IMO. Now, I think it's safe to say he's not gonna finish the season hitting over .330. But I think he can wind up the season between .290 and .300 with 25 home runs--maybe more.

I agree, Cleveland would be better off hitting Blake 3rd.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby jondunc » Wed May 24, 2006 4:48 pm

slomo007 wrote:
mtarail wrote:He's a very good player. Last year was injury plagued and he lost all confidence. But he is as offensively talented as Morgan Ensberg, IMO. Now, I think it's safe to say he's not gonna finish the season hitting over .330. But I think he can wind up the season between .290 and .300 with 25 home runs--maybe more.

I agree, Cleveland would be better off hitting Blake 3rd.

This may be true, but Cleveland is not going to bump Peralta out of that spot. From watching all of his games last year and this year, I don't see anything dramatic beyond much less of a tendency to pull the ball this year. In addition, people forget that Blake was learning to play RF last year after having not played it extensively at any level. There is evidence that a position change can hurt the offensive side of a player's game, and I think that was the case on top of some personal problems Casey had last year. I would say he finishes at .280-.290 with 33 HRs.
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Wade Boggs' Mustache » Wed May 24, 2006 4:59 pm

As an Indians fan, I'm probably just as, if not more surprised, at his offensive surge this season. He is a career .263 hitter, so for him to keep his average .100 points above his career, I just don't see that happening. Now, he hit .271 in 2004 with 28 homeruns and hit only.241 with 23 homeruns in 2005. Like stated already, moving positions may have played a big part in that dip of production last season. I'd look for him to at least return to his 2004 numbers.
My Prediction:
.280a average 30 homers
Wade Boggs' Mustache
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 24, 2006 5:00 pm

I predict 22 hr's out of him He's a fraud
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ReginaldVelJohnson » Wed May 24, 2006 5:03 pm

I think he'll finish strong but he won't keep up his current pace. His value will probably never be higher than it is right now so I'd try and sell high on him. If you can't swing a deal he should put up pretty respectable numbers anyway so it's no major loss, but if you can get someone pretty good for him I'd pull the trigger.
I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class... especially since I rule.
ReginaldVelJohnson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Wed May 24, 2006 5:40 pm

I think he hits a tad under .300 with about 27 home runs and over 100 rbi
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers