Harden Update - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Harden Update

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Harden Update

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Wed May 24, 2006 3:41 pm

At least the prognosis is good for starter Rich Harden. He threw 40 pain-free pitches in the bullpen before Tuesday's game in Chicago and is getting closer to returning.

Harden expects to throw a simulated game Friday or Saturday, then head off for a minor league assignment next week.

Harden would like to return by the June 6-8 series at Cleveland, but the A's may want two simulated games and/or two rehab assignments, however, which would push his return back another seven to 10 days.

The key is getting Harden to 60 pitches in a rehab assignment, so he could throw 75 pitches upon his return.

Harden played long toss longer than usual before taking the mound and wasn't exhausted at the end of his session. He's happy with his stamina at this point and is excited there's a light at the end of the rehab tunnel.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 743
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Harden Update

Postby mikhayl » Wed May 24, 2006 3:53 pm

SlightlyStoopid wrote:At least the prognosis is good for starter Rich Harden. He threw 40 pain-free pitches in the bullpen before Tuesday's game in Chicago and is getting closer to returning.

Harden expects to throw a simulated game Friday or Saturday, then head off for a minor league assignment next week.

Harden would like to return by the June 6-8 series at Cleveland, but the A's may want two simulated games and/or two rehab assignments, however, which would push his return back another seven to 10 days.

The key is getting Harden to 60 pitches in a rehab assignment, so he could throw 75 pitches upon his return.

Harden played long toss longer than usual before taking the mound and wasn't exhausted at the end of his session. He's happy with his stamina at this point and is excited there's a light at the end of the rehab tunnel.


Were those 40 pitches in the pen off the mound, or from the front of the mond?

Oh, and thanks for the detailed update ;-D
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 839
Joined: 9 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Wed May 24, 2006 3:59 pm

Those were off the mound. He's been playing long toss for a week or so now and just started throwing off the mound.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 743
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mushman05 » Wed May 24, 2006 4:12 pm

that's great news...living dangerously by spot starting the Dave Bushes and Tony Armas' of the world was making me lose my mind!!! :-B
**2006 Summer Bums League Champion**
mushman05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 644
Joined: 6 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikhayl » Wed May 24, 2006 4:21 pm

mushman05 wrote:that's great news...living dangerously by spot starting the Dave Bushes and Tony Armas' of the world was making me lose my mind!!! :-B


Dropping crap like Jason Jennings is going to feel so good.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 839
Joined: 9 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Postby chadlincoln » Wed May 24, 2006 4:25 pm

Can't wait until he's back... Come on Harden!!
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed May 24, 2006 6:42 pm

Great news. My pitching staff would look awesome again with Harden back in the fold. ;-D
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21935
(Past Year: 671)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Postby Mile High Ballers » Fri May 26, 2006 2:17 pm

Just read this on Roto world:

Rich Harden (back) is expected to throw a 60-pitch simulated game Saturday.
The A's are reportedly willing to bring Harden back once he's able to throw 75 pitches, which means he could return as soon as next week. May. 26 - 10:05 am et
Source: San Francisco Chronicle
;-D ;-D
Mile High Ballers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 572
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 8 blocks from Coors field.

Postby mikhayl » Fri May 26, 2006 2:27 pm

Mile High Ballers wrote:Just read this on Roto world:

Rich Harden (back) is expected to throw a 60-pitch simulated game Saturday.
The A's are reportedly willing to bring Harden back once he's able to throw 75 pitches, which means he could return as soon as next week. May. 26 - 10:05 am et
Source: San Francisco Chronicle
;-D ;-D


Holy poop, that's awesome! :-D

I guess the A's just figure he'll injure himself in tripleA, may as well do it in the bigs, that way they at least get half a start out of him.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 839
Joined: 9 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY


Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact