Baseball swing vs. Slowpitch softball swing - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Baseball swing vs. Slowpitch softball swing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:23 pm

Tennis player that uses his wrong hands to hit tennis here (so backhand = baseball swing).

My biggest problem is remembering to keep my weight back through my whole swing.

I'm sure this will really help you. :-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:25 pm

I love slow pitch softball. Once you get your swing mastered you'll probably be able to hit directionaly and bat around .700 by just slapping singles through the holes. Then after the other teams have seen you a few times they'll move their outfielders in, at which time you power up and smash it over their heads. Good times.

Anyone else ever played in tournaments where you have to chug a beer at each base before you can advance?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Half Massed » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:39 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I love slow pitch softball. Once you get your swing mastered you'll probably be able to hit directionaly and bat around .700 by just slapping singles through the holes. Then after the other teams have seen you a few times they'll move their outfielders in, at which time you power up and smash it over their heads. Good times.

Anyone else ever played in tournaments where you have to chug a beer at each base before you can advance?

I play beer league at my college. It's slightly different than slow pitch softball in that we use a baseball and a small crappy aluminum bat, but we do play on the softball field. You also pitch to your own team and get four chances to put the ball in play. Given the quality of the bat (extra poor) it's not a guaranteed homer for most people. There's a limit of 5 runs per inning, and your also supposed to drink a beer per inning and chug one if you go deep. There's a lot of homers in the beginning, but they start to peter off fairly quickly.

The scores range from high single digits to low 20's and you have to carry a beer around with you while you run the bases. Only two outs per inning also.

So yeah, pretty much mixing beer and slow pitch softball (or baseball) is always a good thing. ;-D
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk