Morales who? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Morales who?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Morales who?

Postby rib217 » Wed May 24, 2006 3:25 pm

im not familiar, can anyone tell me a little about the guy? we expecting power numbers from him or average? speed?

got the insight on Hamels here and made a quick pick up on him, maybe you guys could help me out with some info on this guy. thanks in advance
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby George Bell » Thu May 25, 2006 8:26 am

Kendry Morales is a 22 year old switch hitter who garnered a lot of attention playing internationally for the Cuban Jr. team. His defection to the US had a lot of MLB clubs salivating.
His first year in pro ball saw him hit 22 HR at a couple of minor league levels, and to this point in '06 Morales has hit .319 with 5 HR and 29 RBI at AAA Salt Lake. He was 0 for 2 in SB attempts.
The Angels are in a desperate situation and need some production from someone in the line up other than Vlad Guerrero, but Morales is a young and raw talent that might be better served with more time in the minors.
He did homer in his first MLB game however, and you might want to consider this quote.....
"The ball sounds different coming off his bat," manager Mike Scioscia said. "I like his bat speed and the power coming off both sides of the plate."
Definitely someone to watch. Could be a steep learning curve, though.
George Bell 1987 AL MVP
"Kiss my purple butt."
George Bell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates