Players who could have been great or greater. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Players who could have been great or greater.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thomasps3 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:02 pm

Well, you've got to think that with the hype he received, Mark Prior would have to be classified as capability to be great, but Dusty ruined him and Kerry Wood.

So I guess Wood and Prior would get my votes...
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby CadensDad » Wed May 24, 2006 1:02 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
CadensDad wrote: I say Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa

Although I disagree, I can see choosing Barry, because one could reasonably argue that, had he remained a 40/40 threat instead of becoming a power hitter, he could have been better. But how could Sammy have been better than he was? Three straight 60 HR seasons, and you think he could have been better?

Both men had alot of rumors around them and alot of problem with the press. If the whole steriods issue hadn't come up and corked bat thing I think both men might have lasted longer and been better liked and the stats might have been the same but they would have just looked like better stats. I mean now when you see the 714-Bonds and the 6??- Sosa (Not sure on his exact numbers) you think "how tainted where those hits?"

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby garf112 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:06 pm

Yoda wrote:Sid Finch

lol

You know, that picture of Hamels kind of looks like the photo of Sid Finch. That guy could throw some heat! ;-7
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby J35J » Wed May 24, 2006 1:15 pm

I'll say Teddy Ballgame. What was it, 5 or parts of 5 years gone because of War.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed May 24, 2006 1:18 pm

Griffey, if he's stayed healthy his entire career, would probably be challenging Aarons mark as well
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mikhayl » Wed May 24, 2006 1:28 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Griffey, if he's stayed healthy his entire career, would probably be challenging Aarons mark as well

A casualty of the Kingdome :-t
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CadensDad » Wed May 24, 2006 1:38 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Griffey, if he's stayed healthy his entire career, would probably be challenging Aarons mark as well

Still a small chance he is at 542 if he adds say 30 more to it this year than maybe moves to AL as a DH I could see him staying around another 5 years as a DH if he can move there soon and stay healthy. Still a small chance there,

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Wed May 24, 2006 5:42 pm

ALBERT BELLE
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed May 24, 2006 5:45 pm

CadensDad wrote:

Still a small chance he is at 542 if he adds say 30 more to it this year than maybe moves to AL as a DH I could see him staying around another 5 years as a DH if he can move there soon and stay healthy. Still a small chance there,

ummm no way he hits 30 more for 5 seasons. id be surprised if he hits 30 next year and he probably BARELY gets it this year.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikhayl » Wed May 24, 2006 5:46 pm

Belle4Hall88 wrote:ALBERT BELLE

Yes, Belle was so well loved by his teammates and such a paragon of virtue in the community that he could've been challenging Bonds today for the biggest dbag in professional sports if his hip didn't go caput.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers