Macdougal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Macdougal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 25, 2006 1:08 pm

HillenbrandOwns wrote:Macdougal is all they have at this point...they'll be doing cartwheels when he's ready so they can win atleast 50 games this year

But if they can get some more young talent for MacDougal they need to do it. I firmly believe that Burgos can succeed as a closer within the next year or two so getting something substantial at the trade deadline for MacDougal this year makes all the sense in the world. I would not give MacDougal away but I would imagine there are a few teams (Braves included) that will be willing to overpay for a closer.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby uclanima » Fri May 26, 2006 4:51 pm

Is it worth dropping Rafael Soriano for him?

I figure Ks are similar, but ERA/WHIP will go down. However, the saves would be really helpful since I'm considering it in an H2H league.
uclanima
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri May 26, 2006 5:05 pm

uclanima wrote:Is it worth dropping Rafael Soriano for him?

I figure Ks are similar, but ERA/WHIP will go down. However, the saves would be really helpful since I'm considering it in an H2H league.

Tough, tough call. If it's a keeper league with a significant number of keepers from year-to-year I would say no since Soriano has huge upside. In a redraft...well, before Putz burst on to the scene I still would have said no. Now that Putz has been stellar in pretty much all but 1 appearance...yeah, I'd drop Soriano for MacDougal at the first rumblings that his return is coming soon.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby uclanima » Fri May 26, 2006 5:07 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
uclanima wrote:Is it worth dropping Rafael Soriano for him?

Tough, tough call. If it's a keeper league with a significant number of keepers from year-to-year I would say no since Soriano has huge upside. In a redraft...well, before Putz burst on to the scene I still would have said no. Now that Putz has been stellar in pretty much all but 1 appearance...yeah, I'd drop Soriano for MacDougal at the first rumblings that his return is coming soon.

Thanks. You know, Borowski's also available, but I'm not looking to kill my ERA/WHIP for maybe 1 save every week or two. And with Dempster struggling lately, even Eyre might be a nice option.
uclanima
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates