Can we PLEASE STOP BASHING TEIXEIRA!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Can we PLEASE STOP BASHING TEIXEIRA!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can we PLEASE STOP BASHING TEIXEIRA!!!!

Postby MinorityAuthority » Wed May 24, 2006 9:16 am

This is getting ridiculous. Stop crying about picking him Top 5. Somebody brought this up earlier that people in '04 were doing the same whining about him, so I figured I'd do you guys a favor and remind them what happened that year.

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63238&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Yes, he was hurt earlier in the year, but it's about the same time frame. Everybody wanted no part of him, and then he went absolutely nuts in June/July/August. So you know what, I'm only going to comment about this one more time. He's not going to pull an Aubrey Huff, he'll get his 30/100 at the end of the year either way, and he'll still be a 1/2 round pick next year. End of discussion. I just wish some of the people who will give him away so desperately were in my leagues. :-D
MinorityAuthority
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Wed May 24, 2006 9:17 am

ok. ;-D

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdsun1 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:53 am

30homeruns?!?! If he gets 30 homeruns then im gonna be whining like crazy. A first round pick should get 40. 30 homeruns!??!? Just look how many Pujols has now. I think I can get that from Abreu and 30 stolen bases at the same time and he isn't even a first round pick.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MinorityAuthority » Wed May 24, 2006 10:00 am

You must not be following baseball. Abreu won't touch 30 HR. You can't get Pujols where you get Tex so why are you even comparing them. Unless you picked Tex over Pujols, there's no reason to compare them.
MinorityAuthority
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Kavorka » Wed May 24, 2006 10:02 am

Sure we can stop bashing him . . . as soon as he starts hitting HR's and stops going 0 for 5 every night with 2K's.
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mikhayl » Wed May 24, 2006 10:05 am

jdsun1 wrote:30homeruns?!?! If he gets 30 homeruns then im gonna be whining like crazy. A first round pick should get 40. 30 homeruns!??!? Just look how many Pujols has now. I think I can get that from Abreu and 30 stolen bases at the same time and he isn't even a first round pick.

Abreu's not even on pace for 20 homers, and he's fighting age. MA is probably right, Teixiera is going to put up 30-100, possibly better.

Yes, Tex was probably ranked too high this year, but the first round as a whole isn't looking so good right now.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MinorityAuthority » Wed May 24, 2006 10:09 am

Thanks for the backup. Plus last year, he hit 30 HR from June-October. In 2004, after being hurt most of April and struggling in May, he hit 33 HR from June-October.
MinorityAuthority
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mikhayl » Wed May 24, 2006 10:13 am

MinorityAuthority wrote:Thanks for the backup. Plus last year, he hit 30 HR from June-October. In 2004, after being hurt most of April and struggling in May, he hit 33 HR from June-October.

Being as my money league is H2H, I'm not particularly worried about Tex. If he hits 30+ homers for the last 4 months of the season, I'll be very happy with my first round pick. And as you've said, he's proven that he's capable of it.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pangbones » Wed May 24, 2006 10:14 am

If he can hit 25-28 HR's the rest of the way I'm not gonna complain. I have only had him the past 2 weeks, so I may be a little more patient than some of you, but I am a little curious as to why the sudden drop off in power. :-?
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby MinorityAuthority » Wed May 24, 2006 10:27 am

Sorry to harp on my point but last year he had:

10 HR 28 RBI and was batting .343

This year
4 HR 22 RBI and batting .272

He has almost double the walks he had last year though, so he's being pitched around since his SO count is up. His OBP is actually higher this year than last year. It doesn't help his protection in the lineup was Blalock/Soriano/Dellucci last year, all <.275 hitters, and his protection this year is Nevin, who's batting .226. He needs somebody behind him so he'll actually get pitches to hit.
MinorityAuthority
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers