Charlie Manuel - What are your opinions? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Charlie Manuel - What are your opinions?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Charlie Manuel - What are your opinions?

Postby costag » Wed May 24, 2006 9:13 am

I am from philly and follow baseball pretty closely. I'd like to think I have a good understanding about how the way the game should be played.

With that being said, I know Charlie Manuel gets bashed by the Philly media and sometimes I feel bad b/c it may be undeserving but he has me scratching my head every few games with some of the decisions he makes!

Do fans from other teams see what philly fans see? I also heard that the Mets Broadcasters had a few bad things to say about his managing.

I was pulling for Jim Leyland instead of Uncle Chollie but being the bonehead that Ed Wade was, he never had a chance!!!!

Man, am I frustrated in Philly!!!!
costag
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MinorityAuthority » Wed May 24, 2006 9:27 am

Grade A moron.

How do you take out Rhodes after he pitched a lights out 7th inning when he could have faced Floyd to lead off?
Why do you use 3 pitchers (Fultz/Geary/Rhodes) for 16 pitches collectively but leave one guy in for 105?
Why won't you let Gordon come in for a 4 or 5 out save? He barely gets any work anyway, yet you'd rather use Franklin for no reason what so ever.
Why do you pinch run for Burrell, and not even attempt to steal a base?
Why do you do a useless double switch for Bell when he's having a good game?

Yeah like I said, Grade A moron.
MinorityAuthority
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wharton93 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:28 pm

He's an idiot and like 85% of all MLB managers, he lacks creativity and innovation.
Wharton93
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jondunc » Wed May 24, 2006 1:57 pm

Yeah, from his days in Cleveland I know that he's not one of the brightest bulbs in the box. Ultimate players manager though, loves veterans. Also, his postgame interviews were the best and we always used to try and guess if he was drunk or if he just spoke that way all the time.
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fimk3777 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:14 pm

jondunc wrote:Yeah, from his days in Cleveland I know that he's not one of the brightest bulbs in the box. Ultimate players manager though, loves veterans. Also, his postgame interviews were the best and we always used to try and guess if he was drunk or if he just spoke that way all the time.

Yeah, it's all the time.

He's an absolutely perfect bench coach. That's where he'll most likely end up.......
fimk3777
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:20 pm

Here's 1, why put Madson back in th rotation after he's been bad as a starter and so far bad as a reliever? Wouldn't you want him to get used to pitching in relief again??? Would have made more sense in having Franklin start or even Brito or Gonzalez maybe.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 120)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu May 25, 2006 12:38 am

Havok1517 wrote:Here's 1, why put Madson back in th rotation after he's been bad as a starter and so far bad as a reliever? Wouldn't you want him to get used to pitching in relief again??? Would have made more sense in having Franklin start or even Brito or Gonzalez maybe.

please dont ever suggest ryan franklin pitching in a major league rotation ever again, thank you ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:43 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Here's 1, why put Madson back in th rotation after he's been bad as a starter and so far bad as a reliever? Wouldn't you want him to get used to pitching in relief again??? Would have made more sense in having Franklin start or even Brito or Gonzalez maybe.

please dont ever suggest ryan franklin pitching in a major league rotation ever again, thank you ;-D

Can he be any worse than Madson was???
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 120)

Return to Baseball Leftovers