X-Men: The Last Stand - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

X-Men: The Last Stand

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JTWood » Sun May 28, 2006 5:53 pm

dewey finn wrote:I laughed out loud when Juggernaut said "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!!!!" and couldn't believe they woudl actually include something like that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8mXPtCZ ... juggernaut
I saw this a few weeks ago......sooooo funny.

My buddy sent me that link before we went to see the movie today. I thought it was funny, but he and I had no clue it would actually be in the movie. I about fell out of my seat when he said that.

:-D ;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Mon May 29, 2006 1:52 pm

I went and saw it having never read the comics or seen XMen 1 or 2 Movies. That being said...

The dialogue wasn't there, the scenes didn't run smoothly from one to the other, and I just really couldn't get into the story. The special effects were ;-D though.

I'm just not a huge comic or XMen guy so understand where I'm coming from.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 29, 2006 4:24 pm

dewey finn wrote:Hopefully all ya'll stayed for the credits for the short scene.

****SPOILERS*****

I liked the movie although I wanted Beast to be more like Beast - ie say "fascinating" randomly. lol.

And I can't believe rogue actually took the shot and lost her powers......in the cartoon she never went through with it (although it was entirely different - Apocolpyse)

ALSO, imdb.com credits for X3 has Jubilee credited??? I don't ever recall seeing Jubilee or any asian girl for that matter.

Also, they have Omega Red credited and I DEFINITELY don't remember seeing him in the film. Omega Red is sic.

I really wanted Nightcrawler to be in this one.....since he and Storm had that little romance going on in X2.....plus he's part of X-men.

I heard they will make a movie on a young Xavier and Magneto, which would be awesome.

I can't believe they killed off Cyclops just like that!!!!!!!!!! Right in the beginning too!!!

I laughed out loud when Juggernaut said "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!!!!" and couldn't believe they woudl actually include something like that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8mXPtCZ ... juggernaut
I saw this a few weeks ago......sooooo funny.

and Stan Lee with the hose........is there a marvel film where he doesn't have a cameo in?

ehh...this was just OK in my book. no real memorable scenes that makes me want to see it again, it doesnt hold a candle to the other 2. they just tossed together some battle scenes here and there, and most of the "bad" mutants were lame.

i think there's a non-asian Jubilee that always has a cameo in the movies, to me Rouge's character has always been more like Jubilee from the comics, especially her relationship with Wolverine

Nightcrawler was sweet in X-2, but i think i read the actor had a conflict for filming part 3

in the actual movie credits there was a Kid Omega, which i'm guessing was that lame mutant Wolverine faught in the woods, so that was probably thier lame attempt at Omega Red

Crazy Cyclops just died like that...and along with the Stan Lee cameo there was one of Chris Claremont (X-men comic writer)

I also think Storm should have been able to own Callisto and not have that much trouble with her

the whole Iceman vs Pyro was pretty tired too

Rebecca Romjin is hot :-L

anyway, i'll still but the DVD, but not nearly as good as the 1st two

along with a Wolveine film, i'm sure at some point they'll do an X-4, but will have different actors/charactrs which will suck

i feel like a nerd after writing all this
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby JTWood » Mon May 29, 2006 8:27 pm

OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:The dialogue wasn't there, the scenes didn't run smoothly from one to the other, and I just really couldn't get into the story. The special effects were ;-D though.

That's probably the best summary of the movie. The fight scenes were amazing, particularly the one at Jean's house, but the story just felt too hurried.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon May 29, 2006 8:57 pm

Im fairly pissed someone on here beat me to the "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch" line. :,-( Haven't seen it yet, but I've heard mixed reviews. Better than the Da Vinci Code at least :D
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby WittyC » Tue May 30, 2006 4:21 pm

I saw it yesterday, and I was quite disappointed as well. I think the problem was really with the script. They were attempting to do about a million sub-plots all at once, but they never fully explored any of them.

Some of the new characters were well implemented. Kitty Pride was cool, especially how they used her powers. Juggernaut was dead-on, IMO. Hugh Jackman is still the prototypical Wolverine and was phenomenial yet again. Can't wait for his solo flick.

The only truly memorable scene for me was the Golden Gate Bridge being moved. That was pretty damn slick as far as effects are concerned... but there was no reason to do it! I think they could have found an easier way to get across. There was nothing really clever in this one like there were in the others. It was all just predictably straight-forward. There was nothing like the scene in X2 where Mystiq injects the extra iron into the guard so Magneto can escape.

And if they're going to kill off a character, for the love of God, why didn't they kill off Storm? Halle Berry is a deplorable actress and has always been the low point of the series.

This movie deserved all the bashing it received from the critics, IMO.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby EnFuego » Tue May 30, 2006 5:50 pm

WittyC wrote:And if they're going to kill off a character, for the love of God, why didn't they kill off Storm? Halle Berry is a deplorable actress and has always been the low point of the series.

Well she is a best actress winner. ;-)
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cobbs87 » Tue May 30, 2006 6:23 pm

I loved this movie! I saw it twice in theaters but the 2nd time was for free. I just thought the fx and fight scenes were amazing. Lots of shocking moments to. Definitely ;-D ;-D .
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby JTWood » Tue May 30, 2006 10:18 pm

WittyC wrote:I saw it yesterday, and I was quite disappointed as well. I think the problem was really with the script. They were attempting to do about a million sub-plots all at once, but they never fully explored any of them.

Some of the new characters were well implemented. Kitty Pride was cool, especially how they used her powers. Juggernaut was dead-on, IMO. Hugh Jackman is still the prototypical Wolverine and was phenomenial yet again. Can't wait for his solo flick.

The only truly memorable scene for me was the Golden Gate Bridge being moved. That was pretty damn slick as far as effects are concerned... but there was no reason to do it! I think they could have found an easier way to get across. There was nothing really clever in this one like there were in the others. It was all just predictably straight-forward. There was nothing like the scene in X2 where Mystiq injects the extra iron into the guard so Magneto can escape.

And if they're going to kill off a character, for the love of God, why didn't they kill off Storm? Halle Berry is a deplorable actress and has always been the low point of the series.

Yet another excellent post.

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk