X-Men: The Last Stand - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

X-Men: The Last Stand

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Fri May 26, 2006 8:11 pm

I saw it this afternoon and I thought it was very good. Phoenix was just awesome!
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby squawkya24 » Fri May 26, 2006 11:29 pm

Yeah a lot of the hard core comic fans are not happy with this movie but I'm not one of them and I thought it was pretty good. I'm the Juggernaut.
Dark Horse of 2007: Seattle Mariners
Go M's!!
squawkya24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Laean » Sat May 27, 2006 5:11 am

i thought this movie was just ok. the script/dialogue was horrible, worse than i remember the previous 2 xmen movies being. this movie was directed by ratner while the previous 2 xmen movies were directed by singer right? it showed. this movie clumsily clunked from one scene to another without any smoothness at all.

(very minor spoilers)

of course, the most important thing is the special effects, and there were some nice ones, but even this was underused. colossus carrying that big tv? why not in metal form? were they on a tight budget so they tried to save the special effects only for the absolutely necessary parts or something? some of the scenes where storm flies around looked so blatant that she was on strings that i just had to laugh. the part where angel busts out of his restraints and poses? what the hell was that? and why does he jump out the window? why not just put on his coat and walk back out? it's not like his dad or anyone had called security on him.

eh anyway, overall it was alright. nice idea, some nice scenes, nice try.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Laean » Sat May 27, 2006 5:35 am

i thought this movie was just ok. the script/dialogue was horrible, worse than i remember the previous 2 xmen movies being. this movie was directed by ratner while the previous 2 xmen movies were directed by singer right? it showed. this movie clumsily clunked from one scene to another without any smoothness at all.

(very minor spoilers)

of course, the most important thing is the special effects, and there were some nice ones, but even this was underused. colossus carrying that big tv? why not in metal form? were they on a tight budget so they tried to save the special effects only for the absolutely necessary parts or something? some of the scenes where storm flies around looked so blatant that she was on strings that i just had to laugh. the part where angel busts out of his restraints and poses? what the hell was that? and why does he jump out the window? why not just put on his coat and walk back out? it's not like his dad or anyone had called security on him.

eh anyway, overall it was alright. nice idea, some nice scenes, nice try.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LooseCannon » Sat May 27, 2006 7:51 am

I saw it last night, and I thought it didn't deserve to be panned by the critics, but it really wasn't that great. Anyone who isn't a comic guy goes to the X-Men movies for effects, the plots always suck, and they got effects. ;-D

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j24jags » Sat May 27, 2006 12:54 pm

I saw it last night, I enjoyed it a lot. That scene after the credits really set it up for another one.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby nsulham » Sat May 27, 2006 3:08 pm

Just got back myself and like a few others have said, I was mildly disappointed, maybe because I had hyped it up too much myself.

Overall a pretty good movie with the door left open for X4. For me Kelsey Grammer stole the show ;-D
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bradg533 » Sat May 27, 2006 6:55 pm

EnFuego wrote:Saw the midnight show. My theater had THREE midnight shows and all three were sold out. But I bought tickets off Fandango. ;-D

The movie was great, I loved it. There were the usual corny lines but the movie in a whole was great. It was my favorite one of the three. And my second favorite movie of the year only to V for Vendetta. (Yuck Da Vinci Code.) And Yeah this is the last one, as you will see in the movie. But there is a Wolverine spin-off coming out, hopefully it won't suck. And for those X-Men Comic Book Nerds, you prolly won't like this one, since its VERY different from the book.

Also guys stay after the credits, theres a very cool scene.

what was the scene after the credits, i left before they were done
Props to C_DubYah
Bradg533
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby brewcrew4you » Sat May 27, 2006 11:27 pm

SPOILER ALERT!

ok, after the credits, there is a scene with a man in a hospital bed and a female nurse alone in a room... the camera swings around behind the man, so you can't see him, and he speaks, saying "hello mora" in Professor X's voice. And then she replies "Charles?". You then realize that it is the same guy Prof. X was using in his class, when talking about the ethics of imprinting someone else's consciousness upon a person who has no higher brain function.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dewey finn » Sat May 27, 2006 11:50 pm

Hopefully all ya'll stayed for the credits for the short scene.

****SPOILERS*****

I liked the movie although I wanted Beast to be more like Beast - ie say "fascinating" randomly. lol.

And I can't believe rogue actually took the shot and lost her powers......in the cartoon she never went through with it (although it was entirely different - Apocolpyse)

ALSO, imdb.com credits for X3 has Jubilee credited??? I don't ever recall seeing Jubilee or any asian girl for that matter.

Also, they have Omega Red credited and I DEFINITELY don't remember seeing him in the film. Omega Red is sic.

I really wanted Nightcrawler to be in this one.....since he and Storm had that little romance going on in X2.....plus he's part of X-men.

I heard they will make a movie on a young Xavier and Magneto, which would be awesome.

I can't believe they killed off Cyclops just like that!!!!!!!!!! Right in the beginning too!!!

I laughed out loud when Juggernaut said "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!!!!" and couldn't believe they woudl actually include something like that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8mXPtCZ ... juggernaut
I saw this a few weeks ago......sooooo funny.

and Stan Lee with the hose........is there a marvel film where he doesn't have a cameo in?
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk