Fixing the Tribe - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fixing the Tribe

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fixing the Tribe

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Tue May 23, 2006 10:56 pm

The Indians arn't doing what a lot of us thought they would so far. Watching them every night, it's easy to see that they have a few holes that need to be filled. How would you fix the Indians? Here is what I would do...

1. Edguardo Perez needs to start in left field over Jason Michaels. Perez has 25-30 HR potential if he starts everyday, and I couldn't tell you how many key hits he's had already this year. Both he and Broussard to too good for a platoon.

2. San Diego despritly needs a third basemen. Tribe should call up Andy Marte and trade Aaron Boone for Scott Cassidy or Clay Hensley.

3. The Phillies are shopping Rheal Cormier, and don't want much in return for him. They should try and work out a deal with him as their bullpen sucks right now. Also Ray King & Damaso Marte are free agents after this year, and the Rockies and Pirates will most likely not contend, so I think they should try and grab one of those two.
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby p32bars » Tue May 23, 2006 11:17 pm

Trade Boone - Trade Blake - Perez is not an OF'er sorry - I see nothing wrong with the Broussard-Perez platoon as it's working wonders.

I like the Hensley, Cassidy and Cormier ideas. I still believe Gerut should never have been traded, he could be in LF right now.
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Havok1517 » Tue May 23, 2006 11:32 pm

Actually, I think Broussard & Boone will be traded and if you look Micheals isn't great but not bad at anything. Plus, Michaels can play every OF spot. Broussard is an excellent fielder but they envision Garko as their future 1B. Marte will be the man but he's been bad in the minors so far this year. Also, I really doubt the Indians make a move for a starter. They have Carmona, Sowers, and Miller just about ready for the majors. Johnson and Byrd have about pitched themselves out of the rotation. Perez has proven throughout his career that he is not an everyday player. I'd also like to see what the Indians could get for Wickman. A team like the Braves might be willing to give up some decent young prospects to have Wickman solidify their closer situation. The have Cabrera to take over anyways and Wickman is gone after this year probably, I think it would be a good move for both teams.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)

Postby Zito is God » Tue May 23, 2006 11:32 pm

The rotation has gone to hell, its almost at the point where I vote to call up Sowers...almost. Boone needs to be traded to get Claussen, Michael Aubrey can go to the Pirates for Marte. A.Marte is called up.

Thats all I can come up with off the top of my head.

As my favorite team, I deseperately am trying to find an answer for the Indians. I honestly think the team is underperforming, the team on paper looks very good.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Tue May 23, 2006 11:37 pm

Zito is God wrote:The rotation has gone to hell, its almost at the point where I vote to call up Sowers...almost. Boone needs to be traded to get Claussen, Michael Aubrey can go to the Pirates for Marte. A.Marte is called up.

Thats all I can come up with off the top of my head.

As my favorite team, I deseperately am trying to find an answer for the Indians. I honestly think the team is underperforming, the team on paper looks very good.

Why in the world would the Reds trade for Boone and then give up Claussen? They have Edwin firmly penciled in there and his defense is slowing progressing. That makes no sense whatsoever. If anything the Indians would offer pitching to the Reds for Denofria or Bruce.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)

Postby j24jags » Tue May 23, 2006 11:39 pm

Also get Peralta and his .250 avg out of the 3-hole. Either put Vmart there or put Peralta in the 5-hole
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Cow » Wed May 24, 2006 12:37 am

Lets get Coco back from Boston, Marte is a bum. Sowers should be called up in place of Johnson. Karsay should replace, whoops the Tribe let him go to Oakland, bad move. Peralta has no business batting 3rd. Bullpen and SP bite. The Tribe's minor league system is loaded with solid prospects, but nothing spectacular.

The ONE thing I would REALLY like the Tribe to do is fire Eric Wedge. Get a manager in there that can light a fire under these guys. How about Albert Belle for manager, lol? What player in their right mind would cross him?

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Wed May 24, 2006 12:40 am

Is it not a HUGE red flag that 2 organizations gave up on Marte before even giving him a chance? Forget about who he was dealt for, just the fact that he was dealt twice. That, to me, is a huge indicator that someone, somewhere, knows something about Marte that we don't. I'd be surprised if he ever becomes a quality regular. That said, how much worse can he be than Boone?

Oh, and this pains me to say as a Peralta owner, but get him out of the 3 spot ASAP.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby hybrid » Wed May 24, 2006 1:10 am

You guys have seen Marte's numbers this season in the minors right? He wouldn't be much if anything of an upgrade over Boone right now. Should at least wait till he has a good month and get his confidence back.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:10 am

I would love to have Albert manage. That would be sweet. Anyway if you move Peralta out of the 3 hole, either Blake or the Broussard/Perez platoon should go there. Victor Martinez just plain sucks right now. He has got to be hitting like .130 in the past 20 games or so. Boone just needs to go, he has no business starting. Is it just my imagination or hasn't Casey Blake played some 3rd before? That way Blake can play 3rd, Perez can start in LF.

I am wondering if maybe they shouldn't start dealing guys like Wickman and Broussard and building more for the future :-/
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers