Overbay - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Overbay

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Overbay

Postby quitesanemax » Tue May 23, 2006 10:36 pm

Second day in a week that he has been out of the lineup... both days I was caught off guard, and had him in the lineup. Anyone know if there is anything going on with him, as far as injuries goes?
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Don G. » Tue May 23, 2006 11:00 pm

same question i sorta had....it's kinda weird but i haven't read anything...he played yesterday so there is no injury...it might just be a matchup thing...that's the only reason i could see why they would hold him out besides giving him some time to rest.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Don G. » Tue May 23, 2006 11:07 pm

just as i thought...nothing particular...this was taken from sportsline.com

he had been playing most games this year so i guess they gave him a lighter week to keep him fresh

Player News
Lyle Overbay was not in the starting lineup for Tuesday's game against the Devil Rays, as manager John Gibbons gave him the night off.
(Updated 05/23/2006).
Injury Report
No information available at this time (Updated 5/23/06).
Fantasy Analysis
There is no injury to be concerned about, so he is expected to be back in the lineup for Wednesday's series finale against Casey Fossum and the Rays.
(Updated 05/23/2006).
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Wed May 24, 2006 8:56 am

Thanks!

Max
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed May 24, 2006 9:12 am

Nothing to worry about Overbay.

He was benched the other day in COL because the Jays were playing against a lefty and there was no DH spot. Well...this is just a guess. :-)

Last night the Jays were also up against a lefty... tonight they face another LHP in Fossum. :-b But if I had to guess, Overbay will be in the lineup tonight.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby quitesanemax » Wed May 24, 2006 9:38 am

kimchi_chigae wrote: But if I had to guess, Overbay will be in the lineup tonight.

Hope so, he has a career .417 average against the guy, .500 since the 2005 season, including 3 for 6 on the road against him this year. He is bad against lefties, and at home... so this isn't as good a match up as it would seem at first glance. I don't really have much of a choice but to play him today... Theres Ellis, and he has a bad matchup. Matthews Jr. and O. Cabrera have no history against their matchups... although Weaver is having a horrible season. Matthews Jr might be worth putting in the lineup.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates