Return to Video Games

Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bleach168 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:50 pm

acsguitar wrote:
RynMan wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
RynMan wrote:
Cool! I'm basically up to a mission where I need to find some Ectoplasm but have no idea where to get it. Don't you get it from ghosts? I don't have any magic that can kill I ghost I dont think.....not unless the old fireballs can do it. !+)

Yea fireballs can do it. ;-D

Any magic except Cold Magic i think can kill ghosts

They are tough until you level a bit

Hollaaaaaa! B-)

I have been staying out of the caves around the place....mainly just because it only seems like all you get is beat up down there by Imps and other things, while finding nothing real impressive. Is that accurate or is some of the coolest stuff down there?

Go down in the caves. There are lots of goodies. Go down in the Ruins the most though. They have tons and tons of awesome gear and crystals that will recharge your magicka and magic weapons.

Plus you will level up quicker in battle skills.

I think I'm level 19 or 20 now and I must have done it somewhat right cause I don't have much problem beating down things.

of course I am an Argonia Mage and I have a ton of sweet staves like the Staff of Apothesis and a Paralysis Staff I made after beating the mages guild.

Right now I'm doing quests for the shrines of daedras or whatever.

Forgot to mention that loot is also level based. No matter how many dungeons RynMan clears he'll never get the awesome gear if he stays at level 3. But then again, he doesn't need the awesome gear because the biggest threat to him is imps.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:44 pm

Phatferd wrote:Is this what an ACS and RynMan slumber party looks like?

What the hell, Phatferd 8-o
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:19 pm

bleach168 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
RynMan wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
RynMan wrote:
Cool! I'm basically up to a mission where I need to find some Ectoplasm but have no idea where to get it. Don't you get it from ghosts? I don't have any magic that can kill I ghost I dont think.....not unless the old fireballs can do it. !+)

Yea fireballs can do it. ;-D

Any magic except Cold Magic i think can kill ghosts

They are tough until you level a bit

Hollaaaaaa! B-)

I have been staying out of the caves around the place....mainly just because it only seems like all you get is beat up down there by Imps and other things, while finding nothing real impressive. Is that accurate or is some of the coolest stuff down there?

Go down in the caves. There are lots of goodies. Go down in the Ruins the most though. They have tons and tons of awesome gear and crystals that will recharge your magicka and magic weapons.

Plus you will level up quicker in battle skills.

I think I'm level 19 or 20 now and I must have done it somewhat right cause I don't have much problem beating down things.

of course I am an Argonia Mage and I have a ton of sweet staves like the Staff of Apothesis and a Paralysis Staff I made after beating the mages guild.

Right now I'm doing quests for the shrines of daedras or whatever.

Forgot to mention that loot is also level based. No matter how many dungeons RynMan clears he'll never get the awesome gear if he stays at level 3. But then again, he doesn't need the awesome gear because the biggest threat to him is imps.

Leveling up is cool with me. More monsters way better gear.

I just got UMBRA Swprd. Soul Trap for 120 seconds on strike...Giddy up. Now I'm off to get Azura's star which is a never ending Soul Gem .

we haww
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RynMan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:03 am

Is there any point to reading books? Do they improve anything?

Also, I'm a bit disappointed with the Arcane University. Am I missing something here? Is there a way to become anything more then an Apprentice Mage? All I see is like 6 different rooms - 2 cool ones with spell making things and weapon enchantments, but thats it.....
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:56 am

RynMan wrote:Is there any point to reading books? Do they improve anything?

Also, I'm a bit disappointed with the Arcane University. Am I missing something here? Is there a way to become anything more then an Apprentice Mage? All I see is like 6 different rooms - 2 cool ones with spell making things and weapon enchantments, but thats it.....

I never read the books because if its a quest or something, you just "read" the book and close it, then the journal will tell you what to do.

I do sell a lot of books to my fences though. :-b
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:37 am

Ok um...I got a 360 last month (actually got $$ from my wife to get a PS3 but didn't feel like waiting) anyways I picked up Oblivion and Saints Row and ordered Madden. Been playing Madden non-stop.
Didn't get around to opening it until yesterday.
I already have 6 hours of gameplay under my belt !+)
I don't play D+D or anything like that, but this game is addictive as hell.

I'm a redguard adventurer (custom class), still level 1 :,-( was working on the sidequest to get the 12 slaughterfish but that was taking forever so I headed over to the fort and (think) I cleared that out. My first encounter with a ghost :-o Now I'm headed into that other ruin next to the fort, as soon as I can kick my kid off the TV :-b

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby RynMan » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:25 am

bigken117 wrote:Ok um...I got a 360 last month (actually got $$ from my wife to get a PS3 but didn't feel like waiting) anyways I picked up Oblivion and Saints Row and ordered Madden. Been playing Madden non-stop.

I'm a redguard adventurer (custom class), still level 1 :,-( was working on the sidequest to get the 12 slaughterfish but that was taking forever so I headed over to the fort and (think) I cleared that out. My first encounter with a ghost :-o Now I'm headed into that other ruin next to the fort, as soon as I can kick my kid off the TV :-b

Congrats ken. You are on your way to being an addict. Still one of the best games i've played in my mind.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bigken117 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:34 pm

RynMan wrote:
bigken117 wrote:Ok um...I got a 360 last month (actually got $$ from my wife to get a PS3 but didn't feel like waiting) anyways I picked up Oblivion and Saints Row and ordered Madden. Been playing Madden non-stop.

Congrats ken. You are on your way to being an addict. Still one of the best games i've played in my mind.

No...I'm an addict already :-b

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby RynMan » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:03 am

bigken117 wrote:
RynMan wrote:

No...I'm an addict already :-b

What are your main skills? I selected Archery and Magic. I'm glad I took Magic, but alot of good the archery is doing. :-t
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:05 pm

This game was amazing...unfortunately after about my 15th Oblivion Gate I got bored and uninstalled it... I'll probably play it again once I get my Big Screen LCD

Its a great game...My only complaint is that once you master Destruction spells the game gets kinda repetitive.

Its probably the second best game I've ever played though
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games