Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:07 pm

Everywhere I go, I have been trying to do training with people - but it says I can't, as I've reached the maximum for the level I am on (3 I think). How do I increase my level?

Also, how do I kill ghosts?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:59 pm

RynMan wrote:Everywhere I go, I have been trying to do training with people - but it says I can't, as I've reached the maximum for the level I am on (3 I think). How do I increase my level?

Also, how do I kill ghosts?

I think you have to level up in different skills before you can do more training. Go fight in a dungeon or cave or ruin or whatever. Usually fighting in 2 of those will level you up.

You can use Magic and staffs to kill ghosts

A cool tip is that there is a cool ruin call vindasel south west of the city on the coast. In there is UMBRA if you attack her one on one she will beat you down. However, you can kill her from standing on a post and then take her powerful sword ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RynMan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:06 pm

acsguitar wrote:Also, how do I kill ghosts?

I think you have to level up in different skills before you can do more training. Go fight in a dungeon or cave or ruin or whatever. Usually fighting in 2 of those will level you up.

You can use Magic and staffs to kill ghosts

A cool tip is that there is a cool ruin call vindasel south west of the city on the coast. In there is UMBRA if you attack her one on one she will beat you down. However, you can kill her from standing on a post and then take her powerful sword ;-D[/quote]

Cool! I'm basically up to a mission where I need to find some Ectoplasm but have no idea where to get it. Don't you get it from ghosts? I don't have any magic that can kill I ghost I dont think.....not unless the old fireballs can do it. !+)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:15 pm

RynMan wrote:
Cool! I'm basically up to a mission where I need to find some Ectoplasm but have no idea where to get it. Don't you get it from ghosts? I don't have any magic that can kill I ghost I dont think.....not unless the old fireballs can do it. !+)

Yea fireballs can do it. ;-D

Any magic except Cold Magic i think can kill ghosts

They are tough until you level a bit
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RynMan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:26 pm

acsguitar wrote:
RynMan wrote:

Hollaaaaaa! B-)

I have been staying out of the caves around the place....mainly just because it only seems like all you get is beat up down there by Imps and other things, while finding nothing real impressive. Is that accurate or is some of the coolest stuff down there?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Phatferd » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:32 pm

Is this what an ACS and RynMan slumber party looks like?

You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:33 pm

Phatferd wrote:Is this what an ACS and RynMan slumber party looks like?

That's pretty disturbing. :-[
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bleach168 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:42 pm

RynMan wrote:Everywhere I go, I have been trying to do training with people - but it says I can't, as I've reached the maximum for the level I am on (3 I think). How do I increase my level?

To level up you need to train your Major skills. For every 10 points your Major skills go up, you gain a level.

Big hint: You're better off NOT leveling up or at least leveling up at an extremely slow pace. I know this is counter-intuitive, but the game levels up the enemy mobs at the same pace you level up. You can pretty much complete any quest in the game at level 3 so don't worry too much about leveling. I figured this out the hard way when I raced myself up to level 16 but only had the combat abilities of a level 4. It was ugly and I had to start over.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:20 pm

Referring to the ghost question, I use magic or silver weapons. And yes you get ectoplasm from ghosts. On that mission, you can usually go into a church at night (to the tomb area), or a ruin.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:16 am

RynMan wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
RynMan wrote:

Hollaaaaaa! B-)

I have been staying out of the caves around the place....mainly just because it only seems like all you get is beat up down there by Imps and other things, while finding nothing real impressive. Is that accurate or is some of the coolest stuff down there?

Go down in the caves. There are lots of goodies. Go down in the Ruins the most though. They have tons and tons of awesome gear and crystals that will recharge your magicka and magic weapons.

Plus you will level up quicker in battle skills.

I think I'm level 19 or 20 now and I must have done it somewhat right cause I don't have much problem beating down things.

of course I am an Argonia Mage and I have a ton of sweet staves like the Staff of Apothesis and a Paralysis Staff I made after beating the mages guild.

Right now I'm doing quests for the shrines of daedras or whatever.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games