Rank the SP callups! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rank the SP callups!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed May 24, 2006 8:18 pm

Garza is definately looking very good this year but I don't know if there's going to be a chance for him to be called up before September. He's only in Double A and his numbers are downright astonishing, but the way the Twins have used their pitching prospects before, they're going to take their time even if he is 22. I see maybe a September call up but I'd be suprised if he's up before then.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 24, 2006 8:43 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:lirano
hamels
bonser

billingsley ( he hasent even made it to the majors yet, no way he goes ahead of the other 3. )

It's funny how you think a top pitching prospect(Billingsley) is worse than Boof Bonser who's projected to be nothing than a #3

Its even funnier how Liriano shouldn't even be in this conversation because he's not a callup since he broke with the team and was called up last year. Also, Billingsley hasn't been called up yet so he's shouldn't be talked about either. So yeah, until Billingsley gets called up Boof is better.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 24, 2006 8:44 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:Garza is definately looking very good this year but I don't know if there's going to be a chance for him to be called up before September. He's only in Double A and his numbers are downright astonishing, but the way the Twins have used their pitching prospects before, they're going to take their time even if he is 22. I see maybe a September call up but I'd be suprised if he's up before then.

Hamels was just in AA in when he got called up. Also, the talent in AA is better than that of AAA most of the time.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby hybrid » Wed May 24, 2006 8:52 pm

This whole thread is well, pretty bad. To many people who are bias, not sure what they are talking about, or comparing players who aren't even in the majors. !+) :-P
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby nixonforpres » Wed May 24, 2006 9:09 pm

Early on I apologized for my titling of the thread, which was stupid. My mistake.
It should've been titled:
"Rank these guys that everyone keeps going on about"
nixonforpres
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Wed May 24, 2006 9:22 pm

nixonforpres wrote:Early on I apologized for my titling of the thread, which was stupid. My mistake.
It should've been titled:
"Rank these guys that everyone keeps going on about"

People go on and on about Boof? 8-o :-?

Anyways if your talking about this year I'd say Liriano is on top (due to him getting more innings), followed by Bills and then Hamels (unless his injury doesn't hurt him in the long run). Boof really doesn't even belong in the picture w/ those three guys.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed May 24, 2006 9:40 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:Garza is definately looking very good this year but I don't know if there's going to be a chance for him to be called up before September. He's only in Double A and his numbers are downright astonishing, but the way the Twins have used their pitching prospects before, they're going to take their time even if he is 22. I see maybe a September call up but I'd be suprised if he's up before then.

Hamels was just in AA in when he got called up. Also, the talent in AA is better than that of AAA most of the time.

Hamels also had 3 years of prior minor league experience. Garza was drafted last year. Not that I'm saying Garza isn't good, he's definately a good prospect. I just think the Twins will keep him down there. Again, I would be suprised if he were called up before September if at all.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:43 pm

If we're gonna include Liriano in this why not include Felix & McCarthy in the discussion? They both got called up last year.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby hybrid » Wed May 24, 2006 10:00 pm

Havok1517 wrote:If we're gonna include Liriano in this why not include Felix & McCarthy in the discussion? They both got called up last year.

Maybe cause he just wanted to hear about the four he mentioned that he said are getting some hype, though I'm not sure why he wanted to know about Boof. :-b
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby nixonforpres » Wed May 24, 2006 11:36 pm

OK, my final explanation of the four SPs I originally wanted ranked:
Two were recently called up
One was called up from the pen to start recently
One should be called up soon

Again, my mistake for putting the word "callups" in the title, and thanks for the info I've gotten. ;-D

Also, I think a sticky should be started of guys of this ilk who will be soon starting, or just had their first start.
Felix? Not in this group.
nixonforpres
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers