Market Value vs. Track Record - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Market Value vs. Track Record

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Willy T 4 MVP » Tue May 23, 2006 9:57 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
The RBI's are the difference here as well as stolen base upside - CC could conceivably steal 50-60 bases and Rollins probably can not. I'd be more apt to call Rollins underrated (based on his 2005 performance - not the 2006 stinker he's had so far) than to say CC was overrated (again, just looking at the 2005 numbers that you quoted).

no i know there are many factors involved here other than purely comparing their 2005 numbers. i was just trying to use it as a sort of extreme example of 2 young players who both have very similar numbers but one is top 10 and one is barely top 50.

for what it's worth i took crawford in the 2nd and rollins in the 5th. kicking myself for both
Willy T 4 MVP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed May 24, 2006 11:17 am

Death To Funston! wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:
The RBI's are the difference here as well as stolen base upside - CC could conceivably steal 50-60 bases and Rollins probably can not. I'd be more apt to call Rollins underrated (based on his 2005 performance - not the 2006 stinker he's had so far) than to say CC was overrated (again, just looking at the 2005 numbers that you quoted).

no i know there are many factors involved here other than purely comparing their 2005 numbers. i was just trying to use it as a sort of extreme example of 2 young players who both have very similar numbers but one is top 10 and one is barely top 50.

for what it's worth i took crawford in the 2nd and rollins in the 5th. kicking myself for both

Rollins will come around....he's too good of a hitter to keep this up. Crawford however is looking like a lost cause for this season. News has come out that his wrist is still bothering him a lot. That's why the power isn't there. In a keeper league this isn't a bad thing - an offseason of rest and he'll be good as new. It also makes him a great target for keeper leagues and a great guy to get cheaply in next year's draft. But I don't see the power turning around at all this year unless he goes on the DL for close to a month and since he's able to play through the pain I don't see that happening. His average will be down a bit with the lack of home runs, his rbi/r's will be down a bit also due to the lack of power...the only thing that might benefit is that he may swipe a few more bags because none of his hits will be leaving the yard.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers