It's Official...Roto is better than H2H... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

It's Official...Roto is better than H2H...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

It's Official...Roto is better than H2H...

Postby CeeLoGreen » Tue May 23, 2006 4:59 am

Less luck...More skill....

Simple as that...

After my first year of dominating a H2H league and losing because of one bad week during the playoffs, I swore off H2H leagues and haven't looked back.

They talk about balance but it balance is much more important in roto. You need to have a solid team in every category to be succesful in roto.

H2H is a joke....

Anyone playing anything but roto is lying to themselves....You think you have skill but, like poker, luck of the draw has so much to do with it.

I am officialy sick and tired of hearing about how H2H is better than roto.... It it just not possible....
Basically I'm complicated.
I have a hard time taking the easy way
I wouldn't call it schizophrenia
But Ill be at least two people today

If that's OK

And I can go on, and on, and on...

But who cares?
CeeLoGreen
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lordrevolution » Tue May 23, 2006 6:45 am

Agreed.
Lordrevolution
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynMan » Tue May 23, 2006 6:51 am

Official?

Well it's about time! B-)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 23, 2006 7:00 am

Agreed. It's even worse in football. You can dominate completely all year and then in the playoffs your best players don't start. This happened even when we moved the playoffs up 2 weeks.

The best team rarely wins in H2H from my experiences. I'll stick to Roto.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cordscords » Tue May 23, 2006 7:23 am

You have seen the light!
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby number9 » Tue May 23, 2006 7:23 am

Why is the playoffs so ingrained in H2H? If they just accumulated the category W-L-T record for the year, then it would become a less luck-dependent competition. But of course, the playoffs allows a team that finishes in the top 8 to still have hope at the end of the season. So it's good for keeping more owners interested in the league for the whole season. So.. H2H is more casual?
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: It's Official...Roto is better than H2H...

Postby 4Pack » Tue May 23, 2006 7:40 am

CeeLoGreen wrote:Less luck...More skill....

Simple as that...

After my first year of dominating a H2H league and losing because of one bad week during the playoffs, I swore off H2H leagues and haven't looked back.

They talk about balance but it balance is much more important in roto. You need to have a solid team in every category to be succesful in roto.

H2H is a joke....

Anyone playing anything but roto is lying to themselves....You think you have skill but, like poker, luck of the draw has so much to do with it.

I am officialy sick and tired of hearing about how H2H is better than roto.... It it just not possible....

If you like your Fantasy Baseball to be on the boring side....yeah...you might consider Roto to be better.

BTW....does the best team ALWAYS win in professional baseball once the playoffs roll around? H2H is a bit more realistic and a crapload more fun.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ender » Tue May 23, 2006 8:29 am

They are both flawed, H2H has more luck, Roto is boring and its way too easy to play matchups, pitching is devalued too much as well since you can just play decent but not great pitchers and protect them against bad matchups and get the same stats as a team full of aces.

I do agree that I hate H2H playoffs, I'd rather the season just end and the first place team wins.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby waterproof » Tue May 23, 2006 8:48 am

How can you hate the playoffs?

Would you rather MLB baseball eliminate the playoffs and whoever has the best record at the end of the season win the title? NO!

The playoffs are what makes it fun. The whole game is random as it is in real life. The team with the best record could lose in the first round every year... that makes it more realistic... and fun...
waterproof
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby josebach » Tue May 23, 2006 8:49 am

Think about this. What if real baseball was like roto? No playoffs, no division winners. Just the team with the best statistics at the end of the year would win. I'm sure the fans would line up arond the block to watch that. ;-7

The point is, people play H2H because the same aspects that make real baseball fun to watch are the same aspects that make H2H fun to play. Fantasy baseball is a game. Games are supposed to be fun. Sitting around for 6 months waiting to see who has the best stats doesnt' sound like a lot of fun to me... especially, when half the league stops managing their team because they're eliminated from contention by the all-star break.

Besides, you're kidding yourself if you don't think theres tons of luck in roto. Lets say you and 10 cafe experts play in the same league. Who do you think's going to win? My guess is the team that's the luckiest.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers