I need serious help...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I need serious help...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kaiser » Tue May 30, 2006 8:08 pm

Thanks for your help.

I agree with Amzins, and it looks like quite a few others. Both of these teams are excellent. Give it time, remember tat there is still 2/3 of the season to go. I would lnot make any major moves.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tds1273 » Wed May 31, 2006 2:09 am

I too am in the "just be patient" crowd. Even Javy is starting to come around. I dont know if I would count on getting much of anything from Sheets this year; so if you could get a nice deal for a pitcher(maybe a 2for1) with one of your bats(on team 1) I dont think it would hurt you. As for team two, relax, they'll come around. Im not real big on Shelton, but Winn really seems to pick things up as the season goes on and the weather gets warmer.
tds1273
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kljsoccer18 » Wed May 31, 2006 9:39 am

thanks for your help with mine...they always say patience is a virtue, and that is what u need in this case, sure ur teams suck now, but you did a great job drafting and i think that these teams may come around when the summer starts to heat up...i'm in the "screwed by sheets" club too, as i have him in three leagues, ugh what a waste...besides him i think the rest of your team will turn it around and have a productive season
kljsoccer18
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tol1l1yboy » Wed May 31, 2006 11:32 am

I guess Ill concur with everyone else here. Team 1 isnt a cellar dwellar but I can see why you arent doing as well as you would expect. You need to get some more speed guys. Im guessing that if you break down your team you are killing in home runs and rbi but losing every week in 3b, runs, and stolen bases on the offensive side of the ball.

Your pitching is great and while Sheets may not come back and ever be a dominating force I dont think you move him for just anything. You have some obvious holes there but I think it will come around.

As for team 2 I think you just need to be patient. Your team will come around and you have some good balance.

Help: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 01#1662301
tol1l1yboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jetlag » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:07 am

team 1 should turn it up a notch, team 2 rollins and huff stand out as players that should be replaced. i've had huff in and out and i finally cut him loose last week.
jetlag
College Coach
College Coach

Postby yanks611 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:20 pm

i like both teams especially team one, u have some guys like Gagne, Sheets, and Felix that will only get better. Team two also has some slow starters like Rollins and HUff that shoudl get goin, stick w/ it.
yanks611
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jmerr1127 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:36 pm

for team two i would put alou in for huff, alou jus got off the dl went 1-4 today, before he went on the dl he was killing the ball and since huff has been off of the dl hes been slow, that might help you quickly
-J-
jmerr1127
College Coach
College Coach

Postby alex42083 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:50 am

I think I agree with most when they say just be patient, and there's no doubt your teams will be at the top come playoff time.

;-D thanks for your help on mine
alex42083
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sportsfan1433 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:03 am

sorry about the late responce. THanks for the help on mine.
both of those are solid teams, and it sounds like you got some real draft day steals.
i think its too early to panic with teams like that, just wait it out...injuries suck...but once all your guys are healthy i think you can skyrocket to the top.

Agreed
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cavorca12 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:38 pm

Thanks for the help man. If you would have asked me to guess where I thought your teams were ranked, I would have guessed at least the middle of the pack (b/c of the pitching). Anyway, I know it is the toughest thing to do, but try and wait this out a bit more. If things don't improve in the next 2 or 3 weeks, then I'd worry. I have the same problem in one of my leagues. I was in 8th (of 12) at one point and now am in 5th and charging. The only worry I would have if I were you are ERA and WHIP. Those stats are the most difficult pitching stats to correct, so you might want to try and swap offense and DL pitcher for a good starter.
cavorca12
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team