I need serious help...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I need serious help...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jealousblues » Wed May 24, 2006 2:48 am

with a team full of studs patiance is key. Or if you want deal a bat.
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rentz » Mon May 29, 2006 5:37 pm

both of those are solid teams, and it sounds like you got some real draft day steals.
i think its too early to panic with teams like that, just wait it out...injuries suck...but once all your guys are healthy i think you can skyrocket to the top.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dooz » Mon May 29, 2006 8:38 pm

yeah, dont panic about the underperforming players. you wont get equal value for them now and if you did make a deal, youd be kicking yourself when hanley (for example) goes in the tank and somebody like rollins gets hot (not that you would, or should, trade rollins for hanley, just an example).

as far as the "peasant", i just gotta say "ha-ah!" (ala the simpsons) and told ya so cuz man, the kid is 20 yrs old, barely! what do you expect from him? a sub 4.00 ERA and sub 1.25 WHIP in his first full trip around the league and first full season? cmon now...

20 YRS OLD!
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby hookemnc » Mon May 29, 2006 9:47 pm

Thanks for answering mine.

First off, each of your teams is way better than mine and I'm in 2nd place - go figure!

I agree with the above posters that both teams' underperformance is related to various injuries (Javy, Sheff, Chipper, Sheets, Burnett, Huff, Alou, Harden, Carpenter) that may have been timed so that a major contributor on the DL on a weekly basis, leaving you with a lineup of 7-8 players.

Both teams have Griffey, E Santana, and Liriano in common. Liriano is not the problem but Griffey has not been very good this year and ES has been inconsistent at best. I expect Griffey to have a better 2nd half, but would be willing to part ways with ES if anything decent came along on the WW or FA pool.

I don't have much else to recommend beyond that ... if I were in your shoes I keep waiting. :-o
hookemnc
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dimewylde » Tue May 30, 2006 1:49 am

Pitching for team one will improve greatly when your injured guys come back, so I wouldn't worry about it. Also, both offenses look pretty solid, which is why it must be so frustrating that you're not doing well in your leagues. But I agree with the others, I think you just have to sit tight. I feel your pain, I have a lot of guys that are underperforming (including Griffey). You should be fine.
dimewylde
College Coach
College Coach

Postby boston_massacre » Tue May 30, 2006 2:29 am

i only read your post and not all the responses so i apologize if i'm redundant at all...and thanks for the response on my post...

i think both teams are solid. sadly, this is all too often how fantasy baseball works...i def. see how injuries has hurt team #1...with only 1 dl spot on your roster that def. does not help...i think if you don't get impatient and hang in there you can turn it around once your entire staff gets off the dl...unfortunately for you, burnett just got moved from the 15 to 60 day dl and team 2 may face trouble if carpenter's injury is much to worry about. you did well drafting though, and your hitting seems to still be fine.
such is life
boston_massacre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby oriolesbatboy » Tue May 30, 2006 12:18 pm

rentz wrote:both of those are solid teams, and it sounds like you got some real draft day steals.
i think its too early to panic with teams like that, just wait it out...injuries suck...but once all your guys are healthy i think you can skyrocket to the top.

words of wisdom
oriolesbatboy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby oriolesbatboy » Tue May 30, 2006 12:20 pm

I think you've got solid rotations and lineups on both leagues. Just wait and laugh at the rest of your league when ur guys are tearing it up.
oriolesbatboy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sportsfan1433 » Tue May 30, 2006 7:35 pm

agree with everything dimewylde said.
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Therobsclub » Tue May 30, 2006 8:06 pm

In all honesty I like both of your teams, especially the first...Id just be patient. Wait til the all star break and see what happens with these guys. Your hitting on your second team could improve. Trade one of your pitchers and see what you can get! Thanks for the help!
Therobsclub
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team